River thieves - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

Fish Apple Canyon Lake

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2012, 08:21 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to quick4x4
Default River thieves

Last sunday I woke up and as I always look down at the river I seen my boat was missing from my dock. I flew into panic mode and immediately contacted the police as well as several neighbors and close friends. After giving the cops the boats info I drove my car downstream with my binoculars looking from shore and seen a jon boat way down river half sunk in a weed bank........ called my buddy with his boat and we went down there........ WAS NOT my boat. My buddy took me back to my car and I kept looking, my next stop was the Wilmington dam which I was cringing at the thought. Got to the dam and it was not there........ but as I was leaving my phone rang and my buddy had found my boat..... 2 miles UPSTREAM from where I live.......... MINUS MY BOAT MOTOR and other fishing equipment. Another one of my neighbors whom I told about the other boat went and towed that boat back to his place. Yesturday I finally figured out who the other boat belonged to and contacted him and happily that boat and owner are reunited although he was ALSO missing his motor and other equipment.

Although I CAN NOT prove whom stole the boats I am reasonably sure on who the culprit is, a known drunken druggo who just got out of jail about a month ago and I know was "camping" just on the other side of the river from where my boat was found...... my guess is he took the stuff out of the boat and then pushed it out into the current figuring it would go downstream away from him...... but the wind just pushed it to the other side of the river.

what is missing from both boats is my 9.9 Gamefisher outboard (mid eighties model) and the other guys motor was a 9.8 Mercury so if anyone runs into info on either of these motors or a deal that seems to good to be true please let me know. my fishing rods both had shimono reels I know the odds are slim to none on getting anything back but the more people are aware the better
quick4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2012, 08:30 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: River thieves

Wow, that really sucks to say the least. People are scum.
I hope you recover the motor at least.
Taterman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2012, 08:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

Hurry and call all of the pawn shops! Do it now!
Choupiquer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2012, 11:11 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fishinfreek44

Sucks that people are so shady. I'll keep me eyes and ears open.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

Really sickens me to hear that quick! The CLF guys are great! When a buddy and I lost a bunch of ice fishing gear (including power auger) two winters ago at Mazonia, there was much support as far as replacing gear cheap, as well as some ideas how to deal with thieveing outdoorsmen. I hope your gear is salvaged and the b_stard/b_stards drown!
slimshady is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2012, 04:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

That sucks. Keep an eye on Craigslist and eBay for them, they're becoming the #1 place to find stolen goods.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

Wow, not cool!!!! Hope you get your stuff back. I agree, check the pawn shops, and maybe get someone to say they are looking for similar motors in hopes he is dumb enough to say he has a couple?! Otherwise, maybe one of the mods here can set something up where the regulars can pitch in to help you out? I'd be willing...I fish the K3 near Wilmington and tube at Mazonia, so if I ever lost something I hope someone would be kind enough to turn my stuff in. Sucks how greedy people can be.
The Bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2012, 06:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

I hate low life scumbag thiefs.

Hope you somehow manage to get your stuff back.
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Nikster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2012, 12:04 AM   #9 (permalink)

Do you need a rod/reel to fish with ? I can come up with something for you.
Creekyknees is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2012, 07:32 PM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to quick4x4

I am good as far as fishing poles and such........... just mad that some people are thieves....

I had been showing my grandson about driving a boat and had just started letting him go out "alone" with that boat.......... so now I dont even have that pleasure.

thank you for the offers.

Just gonna havta try and get a lil money together for another 10ish HP motor.

again thanx for the responses

Quick
quick4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.