Stone Quarry Lake... - Page 2 - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

Complete sponsor list

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2007, 04:47 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngeye323
People r such diks these days and those suburban pds have nothing else better to do but pick on kids and people wanting to fish and have fun. I heard most judges just throw them out the window cause its flooding the system.

What other lakes around are legal? they are all surrounded by corperate offices????
OOOPS, forgot to tell ya that THEY can & sometimes do tow cars. Read it in the 'Daily Herald police Blotter. depends on the attitude of the culprit, being a smart arse? Mouthing off to the guy enforcing a violation on PRIVATE PROPERTY?
A lawsuit followed the accidental drowning & it was a very HIGH payout in settling the case. If I remember correctly (long time ago) but was in the $400,000 range for the owner being negligent for not taking the necessary steps to ensure people not being able to gain acsess to the quarry.

With this said 'WHO IS THE DICK' Owner? Person who drowned? or the Parents of the Person who drowned?
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Nikster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2007, 10:44 PM   #12 (permalink)

wow thats peculiar, i have been there several times since then...my car is still here and my record clean. Yes I have been kicked out. Just don't be a prick to the cop or security guard and tell them you were walking by and decided to drop a line. I know how it is to be young little arch and want to catch some consistent nice fish in an area where 95% of the public fishable lakes are overharvested and exploitated by people without green cards. Nevertheless, that is my experience with the lake...whether or not you go is your call. Best of Luck. -TUSF
TUSF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2007, 05:21 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSF
wow thats peculiar, i have been there several times since then...my car is still here and my record clean. Yes I have been kicked out. -TUSF
That's nice? -- Posted " NO FISHING" & ya still go ?
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Nikster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 11:31 PM   #14 (permalink)

I never saw any signs, I must have passed them. O ****!
TUSF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2007, 01:20 PM   #15 (permalink)

Default What I know

I grew up right down the street and have heard and seen it all about that place since 1975. BTW, the kid who drowned was drunk and tried to swim out to what used to be the island. I was there watching the LFD & Lake County FP trying to recover his body listening to his friends tell the cops what happened.

Depending on who calls you'll get the secutity or Lincolnshire PD. Be nice to security and leave asap and all is well. LPD and you most likely get ticketed for trespassing as it is clearly marked. Take it and leave or it will get worse no matter your age as trespassing is not age dependent.

Ed, the guy who caught the fish, is and was fishing buddies with the guy who owns the Country Corner store in Mundelien. The actual mounted fish with the state record plaque is in the store next to the counter. Corner of Rt 60 & Diamond Lake Rd.

They also sell a small amount of tackle, bait and beer.
John Robichaud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2017, 12:09 AM   #16 (permalink)

Default Was just checking...

I can promise you guys that Aptakisic and Milwaukee quarry, IS NOT Stone Quarry Lake.

Took me years to finally find it, and I took a 10 lb bass from there.....lots of research and talking to old guys, and comparing lake size (100 acres), records of names, looking at old maps at the county building, etc......

people did drown in SQL, but it not at Aptakisic and Milwaukee quarry. You can look at old town records never called SQL.....but it is close by, and everything is monster there. Blue cray, bigger than my hand, long as 11size shoe.

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/71462791/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fishing/com...uth_bass_is_a/

On a side note, I actually almost drowned there also...SMH it was so bad, had no strength, cud only barely kick to surface for air then had to rest as I sunk down. Was like this is it, then like no way Can't go out like this. needless to say I made it, Mind over matter...........I couldn't even stand for 30, 45min-hour after,had to be helped back to otherside......... Sigh

Happy hunting: Hint it now has different name, and lake geography is different, part of old SQL is parted into 2/3 parts....and those lakes have no names..

Last edited by user001; 06-13-2017 at 12:28 AM. Reason: add info
user001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2017, 08:10 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlearchie View Post
Wasn't this the lake that the Illinois record Largemouth was caught? Were is it located? if it is "not to be fished" anymore i might be able to get away with it b/c i am only 15
Don't get your hopes up, that's what's listed in the Illinois State Records, but that fish was (allegedly) caught in Florida, mounted and the DNR officer back then that certified the catch must've been friends with the supposed record breaker to certify a mount and not a dead fish! Think about, a 13.1 pound Largemouth Bass caught in Northern Illinois??? Does not exist and never did...

P.S. I now this is an old post, but let's set the record straight here folks! This fish is analagous to the Rompola buck! I believe a LOT of the records "back in the day" were fudged and there's a lot of evidence pointing to that theory. DNA test that "Illinois State Record" LM Bass mount and I guarantee they will find out it is a Florida strain fish!!!
815-744-1380
Mount Album: http://www.chicagolandfishing.com/fo...y-fishart.html
>>Check out our new website!!!!<<
http://WWW.FishSpecialties.NET
FishArt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2017, 08:55 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishArt View Post
Don't get your hopes up, that's what's listed in the Illinois State Records, but that fish was (allegedly) caught in Florida, mounted and the DNR officer back then that certified the catch must've been friends with the supposed record breaker to certify a mount and not a dead fish! Think about, a 13.1 pound Largemouth Bass caught in Northern Illinois??? Does not exist and never did...

P.S. I now this is an old post, but let's set the record straight here folks! This fish is analagous to the Rompola buck! I believe a LOT of the records "back in the day" were fudged and there's a lot of evidence pointing to that theory. DNA test that "Illinois State Record" LM Bass mount and I guarantee they will find out it is a Florida strain fish!!!
I've always thought this too. It was also caught in mid February, on I believe I read somewhere a spinnerbait. February is a prime time for big bass in Florida but not in Illinois.

Too bad, this "record" will likely never be broken.
mikeyd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.