Stone Quarry Lake... - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

Complete sponsor list

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2007, 10:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Stone Quarry Lake...

Wasn't this the lake that the Illinois record Largemouth was caught? Were is it located? if it is "not to be fished" anymore i might be able to get away with it b/c i am only 15
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2007, 11:37 AM   #2 (permalink)

Its in Lake Co. North of Chicago believe it or not. But that record was set in 1976. Big fish of all species were available in abundance during that time.

Oh, and Id hope nobody would be a big enough dick to hassle or ticket a 15yr old fishing somewhere, but just so ya know. With conservation laws, unlike the regular penal system there are no "minor crimes". Everyone regardless of age is considered, and tried as an adult. Not that you have anything to worry about.... right?? hahahaha

Bobba Down! Bobba Down!!!!
Bobba Down is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2007, 03:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default TUSF

I sure hope no one would bother a 15 yr old kid. However, I use to get bothered when I was 15. It didn't phase me, I would keep going back as I will today. Most public fishing destinations, with the exception of Lake Michigan, are destroyed by foreign bucket people (just the truth).
TUSF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2007, 12:08 AM   #4 (permalink)

This lake is smaller than it used to be due to back fill. There are offices on one side and shops/restaurants on the other. It is patroled by a private security company, and they are quick to ask you to leave, as I speak from first hand experience. Good luck if you go out, but make sure you have an alternative spot near by to fish.

Jbasser
jbasser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2007, 03:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

i know that it is in lake county, i have searched for it online and can't find exactly where it is
Old 07-14-2007, 04:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

It's at the Northwest corner of Aptakisic and Milwaukee in Lincolnshire. It's always been a tough lake to fish because you get chased out so quickly. There are a ton of lakes within five minutes that are legal to fish and hold a good variety of big fish. Make sure you have your licence with you because if the Forest Rangers don't check you, the Lincolnshire PD will, and they're tough.
HulaPoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2007, 12:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
JB

Quote:
Make sure you have your licence with you
If it's a a fishing license....I believe that you have to start buying them after turning 16. He's 15.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:07 PM   #8 (permalink)

what's the fishing like here? I gotta know whether its worth the trip
Old 07-16-2007, 03:18 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlearchie
what's the fishing like here? I gotta know whether its worth the trip
YUP! State Record, one can go see it mounted on Diamond Lake Rd. & Rt. 60, bait shop/liquor store.

Don't even attempt it. Lincolnshire P.D. won't even give you a warning. IT'S POSTED WARNING SIGN's are UP. They are fed up with constantly being called by area office's, & under strict guidelines by the individual that STILL own's the quarry. Since a teenager drowned there (18/19 years ago) fishing at night, NO-ONE STANDS A CHANCE! Not even the people that work in the 4 huge office complex.

SOOOOOOOOOOOO, Go AHEAD, then you can come back & tell us how much it cost you :P
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Nikster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2007, 01:07 AM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to youngeye323 Send a message via Yahoo to youngeye323

People r such diks these days and those suburban pds have nothing else better to do but pick on kids and people wanting to fish and have fun. I heard most judges just throw them out the window cause its flooding the system.

What other lakes around are legal? they are all surrounded by corperate offices????

Tim
DJ KraZy T
youngeye323 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.