Breakfast Time Bassin' 2010 - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

Fish Apple Canyon Lake

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2010, 12:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Breakfast Time Bassin' 2010

Started fishing last weekend, but its been tough. Last weekend I got one bass at Mazonia on Friday and one at an Aurora retention pond on Saturday. Skunked on the Fox River.

This weekend I got skunked at Rush Lake Saturday, but today managed two small pike at Bass Lake on a Sassy Shad:

Fish one:

Fish two:
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2010, 11:03 AM   #2 (permalink)

After catching those pike yesterday I took the Sassy Shad and the sassy girlfriend to the Fox River at Indian Trail Blvd. We spent almost two hours but I only got one smallie. First one of the year though:

Then we hit a retention pond in Aurora that always produces well. Spent about an hour and we each got one small largemouth. Mine on a Sassy Shad and hers on a 4" Senko:

This morning I hit Pickerel Lake for the first time this year with a small Dardevle hoping to get some more pike or maybe a trout, or at worst a largemouth. Got there about 6:20 and luckily they were already open. I think the rangers open it first since their headquarters is right across the street I think. Anyway, it was too cold and it started raining so I left after almost an hour. Did see one guy catch a small trout on bait off the first pier though.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

Good stuff! Is it just me, or do the patterns on those pike look a little different than the general horizontal spot pattern?
loganaxleberrt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2010, 12:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganaxleberrt
Good stuff! Is it just me, or do the patterns on those pike look a little different than the general horizontal spot pattern?
Maybe they do kind of. Could they be pickerel?

This morning I had Bass Lake all to myself. Fished it for 2 hours but only caught one Largemouth:

Old 04-13-2010, 12:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliboo
Quote:
Originally Posted by loganaxleberrt
Maybe they do kind of. Could they be pickerel?

This morning I had Bass Lake all to myself. Fished it for 2 hours but only caught one Largemouth:

there pike, pickerel have the black T under there eyes
FISHING&FORDS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2010, 10:31 AM   #6 (permalink)

Seemed like Summer this morning, so I hit the pond with BIG bass in it for the first time this year. I was getting strikes on just about every other cast, but they were babies too small to even get the Sassy Shad in their mouths! And Bluegills. After a while I gave up and put on a Rapala with two treble hooks to teach these young 'uns a thing or two. Caught one 6" bass and two bluegills before leaving them alone and heading to the pond with LOTS of bass in it for the first time this year.

First cast caught this nice 15 incher on the Rapala:

Couple minutes later got a big Crappie:

Only stayed about 15 minutes before hunger and tiredness overtook me. I think I'm out of shape...
Old 04-16-2010, 10:04 AM   #7 (permalink)

Nice job, have a good safe season of fishing this year. Will look forward to reading your updated reports.

When are you going to just give up on Bass Lake? Not worth the extra walk for me
pchung3009 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2010, 10:34 AM   #8 (permalink)

I'm looking forward to another season of reports. I hit a pond near Orchard Rd. last night and found it has some really nice gills, but the bass were stunted. Got a tip on a possible crappie pond so that is next on the list...
FishinMatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2010, 11:10 AM   #9 (permalink)

I've been lazy updating this here fishin' log, or "flog" as the kids call it. Last weekend we hit a retention pond in Aurora and the fish were in a frenzy, I ended up with 12 on 4" Senkos, the girlfriend caught a couple, and even the kid landed one on a 4" bubblegum Senko!

Hit the Fox that evening, but only landed one small Largemouth on a Rapala X-Rap #6.

Monday I went to Heidicke with a co-worker who has a bass boat, but we got royally skunked. Did catch one bass at the pond by his house afterwards though.

And today was a good day at the office. Using a big ol' six inch Senko I got this 4lb 8oz (that's four and a half pounds sonny) monster:

Then this 3lb 6oz eighteen incher:

Also lost another BIG one with a 4" Storm Wildeye Swimshad when it jumped for the second time and threw the heavy lure.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:21 AM   #10 (permalink)

Oh boy! The pond bass are biting like crazy right now. Yesterday I hit 3 retention ponds in Aurora and ended up with 20 bass on 4" Senkos. They were all babies though, except this 15 incher with a head wound:

And today I landed 11 nice bass 13-15 inches on a 6" Senko at a Bloomingdale pond. Saw lots of bass near shore also.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.