ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

4/15

4K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  washhusky102 
#1 ·
No wake was lifted this morning. Winds we howling today. Water is warming up quick. Fished with dad from 7:30 til 2:30 but no bites after 11:00. Sorted thru alot of small crappies. Still have eggs in their bellies.

See less See more
#3 ·
I've been spending a lot of time fishing with my dad the last couple years and he isn't healthy enough to stand up and cast for bass all day and would much rather fish for pannies. I'm going to make another attempt at bass tourneys starting next week. I'm almost 18 month post op from the last shoulder surgery. Shoulder is still messed up but better than it was. I'm good for about 3-4 hours of casting before I can't do it anymore. Hoping that combining the casting with flipping jigs, I can last 8 hours on the water..

The bluegills should be gearing up to spawn in another few weeks. Easy pickings:)2

#8 ·
Hey 2sac, ever consider an electric filet knife?
I always had problems {self inflicted} with regular knives..
After I switched to a quality electric knife, I get much better results.

#10 ·
-

I have one of those Rapalas too. I agree. Good on theory, seen lots of guys use them very well, myself I've never used mine.
Strike that, I did use it once in up in the Northwoods on Eyeballs worked pretty good, then you have to clean it...

I also have a Cutco fillet knife that works real nice. Hardly ever used that too.

I guess, like the Chulas I'm more a catch and release guy :)35

-

#11 ·
If you guys caught more fish you would get more experienced with the electric knife. For big fish I prefer the electric for the fillets and a "somewhat dull" fillet knife for the skin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.