Area strip pits - CECO Club 5/31/10 - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

Fish Apple Canyon Lake

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2010, 06:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Area strip pits - CECO Club 5/31/10

I got out at CECO Club near Coal City today with Kevin. We had a real decent day. We each caught around 40 – 50 bass. We each caught several 14”s and 15”s and a few pushing 16”. Lots and lots of 11” to 13” fish and I stuck one 21” pig and also missed another real big fish on a frog. The frog fish struck over a bar and missed and took another swat at the frog right as I was lifting it out of the water to cast again. She ripped the legs off the frog but didn’t get the hook in her, but I got a real good look at her right along the boat. Most fish, including the pig came on an un-weighted senko type baits. Again a variety of colors and brands worked. We also took fish on frogs, senko type plastics fished on a very light jig, spinner baits and Kevin took quite a few fish on a 6” shad colored soft swim bait. We fished from around 6:00 am till 2:00pm. Caught the big girl just before the rain rolled in around 11:30. Fished the last 2 ½ hrs in steady rain, some very heavy. Fish bit pretty much steady all day, even during the rain. Most fish were pretty tight to the bank, with a few on the weed edges, a few over the tops of the weeds, and a few over / near some submerged islands / bars. Fishing was a bit better on steep shores where the bank dropped sharply into deep water. The shallower bays seem to be weeding up and holding mostly very small fish. After fishing the last couple hrs in the rain with no sign of it letting up, the fish were still hitting but we had had enough and called it a day. Most of the better fish came after the rain started so I only got a couple pics of the big girl.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2010, 10:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Drakebuster

What to say?...... You the man Mike! Nice pig!
Old 05-31-2010, 11:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Tussin33

wooww nice bass man
Tussin33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2010, 02:40 AM   #4 (permalink)

Nice largie Mike! Whats that-about 5 or 6 20"+/5#+ strip mine bass for you and your fishing buddies this year so far? Keep up the good work.
slimshady is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2010, 07:20 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks Slim. Eleven 20" or over so far this year, but whos counting I have managed to boat 9 of them. It has truely been a phenominal year so far for me for numbers of big bass. I have already caught more 20"+ bass this year then I have caught in any of my best years. I have truely been lucky this year. I am used to catching many 17"s, 18"s and 19"s but 20"plus fish for me are always special, especially from public waters and strip pits in North central Illinois

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.