Mazonia north and south units 5/5 & 5/6 - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

Fish Apple Canyon Lake

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2012, 03:22 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Mazonia north and south units 5/5 & 5/6

Out fishin all weekend at Mazonia, so where to start? Water temp ranged from 60-65 all weekend and was even more clear than usual in all four lakes we fished. Had a similar pattern both days starting at north in a.m and going to south after lunch. Caught probably between 40-50 lmb between my brother and I, both days combined. Day one 5/5-started with a bang and a three pounder right at 6:15. Turned out to be the biggest fish of our weekend, although numbers were good. Two others that morning right at 15". Bunch of fish between 12-15". Even hit a yellow bellied striper on a rattle trap. Ended up with about 15 total lmb from there. Over to the south and the bite had slowed although there were tons of decent bass shallow. Caught about ten "dinks" or "tikes", we affectionately call bass under 15". 5 or 6 were caught by my brother about every other cast for a few minutes, right in front of another boat. After the other boat politely reminded us we werent the only ones on the lake, my brother smiles and tosses one back stating "there's plenty for all." we shared a laugh and were off. Pulled out around 3. Day two 5/6-started at north again at 6:30. A little more windy than forecasted but as Jeremy reminded me it would beat a day of work any day and I couldn't agree more. Nothing really big to speak of although my brother had a 2.5 shake loose at boat right in front of us and another big one just snapped his line on the hook set. I caught one over 15" and the rest were little tikes, 12-15" a total of about 10-15 short fish. After a quick bite we fished south unit with moderate success. Half a dozen tikes before, during, and right after small front that came through in the afternoon. Seemed to be the case all weekend. Good luck to all, until next time
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2012, 09:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Mazonia north and south units 5/5 & 5/6

We had similar success on Saturday in the south. About 25-30 lmb. Nothing huge, but action nonetheless.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.