Originally Posted by washhusky102
Definitely deserved to lose???? 6 out of 7 games were decided by "one goal" Anyone could have won that series. Yea they definitely deserved to loose alright. Another typical Chicago fan
You damnnnnn right they deserved to lose. The reasons:
1) Your #1 dman loses his cool and gets suspended for the 1st game of the playoffs. They probably win the series if they win game 1.
2) Keith commits turnovers which leads to the first two goals in game 7.
3) Your two league-highest paid players are not the best players on the ice. The two best players would be Tarasenko and Pietrangelo.
4) Crawford was outplayed by Elliot. If you look at 5*5 save percentage, the best indicator of goalie effectiveness, for the 1st round goalies, Crawford is at the bottom of the list. I understand that Crawford was rusty and still kept them in games, but your most important players have to be difference-makers in the playoffs and Crawford could have done more.
5) Bowman and Q so badly botched the Sharp trade. What is the disconnect between these two? At some point, Q has to stop being so rigid and work with the players he has instead of demanding them conform to his system. Whatever the explanation is, Daley is thriving in Pittsburgh but Q couldn't get it to work in Chicago. Did Bowman really want Daley at the expense of Oduya? I have heard conflicting comments from both Bowman and Nill about what was required in the trade by each team. But at the end of the day the Hawks lost Oduya, Johns, and then Daley due to that trade. We knew Sharp was gone but to just sacrifice Oduya and Johns in that trade.....Unbelievable!
So yeah- the Hawks definitely deserved to lose that series.