Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports - View Single Post - NoGut deer in the field....
» CLF Sponsors

Fish Apple Canyon Lake

View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 05:57 PM  
Nikster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegillman
Nikster.... "" At home I'll pan freeze my fillets, then vacum pack them. By pan freezing them first, keeps the fillets frozen & WONT dry them out with the power of the vacum, sucking out the natural juice from the edges of the fillet'.""

What is "pan freezing can I ask? I do vaccuming packing too and would like to know about that part.

I lay out my fillets on a cookie sheet, & freeze'em, then vacum pack. I've noticed prior, that the power of the vacum will & does suck the moisture froim the ends of the fillet. It's a ANAL thingie but wifie does insist that I do it that way & point proven when she found a filet in the back of the freezer & found it to be 1 1/2yrs. old. Even vacum packed if the filet was not done in this method it's ends would have been dried out.
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Nikster is offline   Reply With Quote