Montrose Harbor Death - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

Fish Apple Canyon Lake

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2007, 11:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Montrose Harbor Death

I wanted to extend my condolences to the family of the fishermen whom died yesterday morning at Montrose Harbor. I was there sleeping at 5 am when all of a sudden the sirens and lights were all over at the west end of the harbor. I happen to be up to set the rigs up for fishing. The word out is some teenagers pushed the man in, and this has happened last week also. If this is true I hope they are caught if not so yet, and put away forever. We are reminded that the area there and around Montrose is still an area that we should watch our and others back. I an often at the Harbor at early am wether on the boat or comin and always keep my eye on the surrounding. The day after the storm someone came on our dock and stole items off the docks so this area is far from being well policed or protected.

ken (kenfast)
Molly Maru
30 Ft. Bayliner
Montrose Harbor
kenfast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2007, 03:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to snowgoose Frank

Ken
A lady came in the store yesterday and was fishing almost next to the guy you are talking about. She said these guys just walked up and picked the guy up and tossed him in. They ran over to a car that was waiting and took off laughing. She said this has happened two or three times during the last month. The other guys were ok and were able to get back to the pier and were helped back up but this guy waved his arm once and went right to the bottom. With all the guys fishing not one tried to help this poor guy. She said he sank fast so don't know if anyone could have helped him. Not a safe area so if anyone is going to fish there watch your back. Frank
snowgoose Frank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2007, 03:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

This is such sad and disturbing news. I consider Montrose Harbor my second home and have always considered it relatively safe there. I can't believe someone is pushing fisherman into the lake. Makes me want to form a local fisherman's watch group to catch these bastards. Argh, that's so upsetting....!!!

Please keep us posted if you hear anything about arrests or anything.
Thanks Ken and Frank for the news.

Best,
Andre
Old 09-03-2007, 01:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to snowgoose Frank
Default Chicago Police Need Our Help

I was contacted by the Chicago Police Department and they are requesting our help to catch the guys that pushed the man into the lake on September 1, 2007. If you saw or heard anything that day or can help in any way please call Detective Jude Martinez at 1-312-744-8261 or e-mail him at jude.martinez@chicagopolice.org
If you saw anything like the car the guys used or what they were wearing or anything that might help give the detective a call or e-mail him. These guys need to be caught. Frank
snowgoose Frank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2007, 01:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ed
Administrator

Or you can PM him.

martidda3
Old 09-03-2007, 02:03 PM   #6 (permalink)

Or for those that frequent the Lake Front, start asking around? Don't be afraid to start a conversation if your at Navy Pier ? or ?.

One never knows you may bump into someone that says " oh yea I saw all of that as I left"--- Gee I did'nt know, "Yep I think seen them before, oh I saw them an hour ago?

ONE NEVER KNOWS?

An innocent conversation can lead to an eyewitness & that person may NOT KNOW THE OUTCOME! Or that the P.D. is looking for them.
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Nikster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2007, 05:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

I'd be willing to donate to a reward fund to catch these guys. Is that something CLF could set up?

RF
Reality Fish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2007, 07:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

If anyone has any information about these incidents along the lakefront and or was a victim yourself, we'd like to talk with you. We're looking to get the word out about who these people are.

Thanks,

WLS-TV ABC7
ABC7Chicago is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2007, 07:41 PM   #9 (permalink)

Reward is a great idea. I'm in. Paypal link work, Ed???
Old 09-03-2007, 09:23 PM   #10 (permalink)

Default lets find these SOB

Pisses me off to heard that . I know my fishing knife just got bigger.

CHAN
fisheye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.