Cougar sighting - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

Fish Apple Canyon Lake

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2009, 12:41 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Cougar sighting

My brother in law lives next to an area that is loaded with wildlife. He spots deer almost daily from his porch. About 2 weeks ago he had saw what he describes as a big cat. He said he was positive it was a cougar. It looked right at him and went on its merry way. I guess it moved on, he spotted some deer the very next day where the cat was. I would have guessed they would smell the cat and leave, but that was not the case. I would bet theres more of these roaming about without being noticed much. Here I was second guessing myself when I saw one about 2 yrs ago. I assumed it was the same one they caught in city, but now I think it may have been a different one. I'd be willing to bet we hear more about these animals this year. Hopefully it wont be of an attack. Would they follow a person into the water to attack? I was thinking thats where I would go if i was fishing, and one happened to stumble upon me. Before the naysayers rip him for being drunk or something,,, hes a non drinker LOL. Good fishin............................
fishin2day222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2009, 01:20 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to ManiacRadio1

I use to see a lot of cougars in the south burbs at this place called BG Fellows LOL.
ManiacRadio1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2009, 01:27 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacRadio1
I use to see a lot of cougars in the south burbs at this place called BG Fellows LOL.
yeah I spotted a few there too but now it's gone.....

I haven't checked out the wild life since it became the Crown Bar
yamamoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2009, 01:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

I use to only live a couple blocks from there LOL.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:59 AM   #5 (permalink)

Default Dupont monster? Big Foot? Kangaroo?

I have relatives near the Illinois River. They say there are wild monkeys running around in LaSalle county. I once or twice thought I saw a kangaroo hopping across Rt 83 near Sag Quarries. I've seen foxes the same color as a blue sky. I've seen all black deer in Cook County forest preserves. I could've sworn I used to see "gyro falcons" at Kankakee River State Park. They looked like they were flying backwards. I remeber in Lake Geneva seeing what locals called "lung fish." They would come up from the depths about every 45 minutes and inhale a big bulp of air, and disappear. I know I see wolverines or badgers on the Des Plaines River. When I was young, I remember flying squirrels were common. Cougars? That would be the least surprizing sight for me to see. Probably the most surprizing catch I ever had, besides a mudpuppy, was an American Eel I took one August at Wilmington Dam. (IT was indetified as an American eel.)
fishrelease is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2009, 02:11 AM   #6 (permalink)

Default How about 60 to 70 parrots near State Rd and Cicero?

I was driving back from near Midway airport in January. I went south on Cicero Avenue to State Road in Burbank. There's lots of pigeon all over our area. However, to my right on the north side of State Road one afternoon. I saw literally 50 to 70 huge parrots, brightly green colored, parrot beaks and all. There were in the grassy area near the Costco gas station. Were these some how escapees from a pet store? I hardly think so. They were easily 2 to 3 times larger than large-sized pigeons, all green as parrots can be green. I have gone there many times to see if I could see them again, to no avail. I know parakeets are common at people's bird feeders in many places around the sw suburbs. In fact my late father caught 2 of them and we had them as pets for several years until they died. Also, I have on many occasions seen albino squirrels near SW highway and Ridgeland area.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:11 AM   #7 (permalink)

LOL A Kangaroo? I saw bigfoot at Tampier.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:17 AM   #8 (permalink)

Default Yes kangaroo Peacocks?

Near Wilmington Township there IS a peacock farm. Down some road in that area it IS common to see peacocks in the street. I don't know if that place still raises them, but we used to see them there yearly, if not weekly.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:51 AM   #9 (permalink)

Must I remind you gentleman this is the general discussion forum not an online creative writing course. And when it comes to flying squirrels, Can you shoot them when they are in the trees or must you wait until theyare airborne?

I prefer to Die on my feet than Live on my knees

Quote:
2sac is not bassalarro material.
2sac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2009, 06:53 AM   #10 (permalink)

Near Vienna Illinois, Johnson county is some rugged country. I've got permission to Turkey hunt & Deer hunt. Having talked to LOCAL's in the area they have talked about Cougar sightings over 8 years ago when I started going down there.

Just 3 years ago 2 remains have been found, 1 was a road kill the other was a train kill. People down there just won't bother to contact the DNR or report it to any local authority, its just common folk talk. Its like a GOOD'OLE boy network thing, " They take care of things on their own. Only if something BAD happens do they call in authority.
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Nikster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.