Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports - View Single Post - Breakfast Time Bassin' (with pics)
» CLF Sponsors

Fish Apple Canyon Lake

View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 11:03 AM  
Maliboo

Today I went back to "Lake Becerra" at Heritage Park in Glendale Heights to work it thoroughly with senkos to see if there was any life in there. Unfortunately, I'm convinced there's no bass of catchable size in there. I didn't even see any sunfish, just carp. No weeds. I wonder how the kid's fishing derby is going to do there in a couple weeks. Maybe there's bullhead they can catch.

Headed over to Bass Lake after that and noticed a sign at Deep Quarry that said "Deep Quarry is open for night fishing. All visitors must be out of the forest preserve by 11pm." Since the normal closing time for forest preserves is an hour after sunset (about 9:30) I'm not sure if that extra hour and a half is much of a big deal.

Anyway, I had really bad luck at Bass Lake, I snagged my wacky wide gap finesse hooks THREE TIMES! Lots of fallen branches in the water there. So after running out of finesse hooks I decided instead of rigging Tex-Skin I'd go ahead and use a spinnerbait since there's pike in the lake and it'd be nice to be surprised. Didn't catch a pike, but got one 14" bass, then I cast my spinnerbait into a tree limb! I never do that! It was a nice War Eagle spinnerbait too. That hurts.

I'll probably take the day off tomorrow, looks like rain anyway...