ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Photo of a STUPID Coyote.

53K views 332 replies 60 participants last post by  River Wader 
#1 ·
Well the ones that happen to come into my yard while i'm home, :lol: .

#4 this year, many more to go. My neighbors LOVE me. They call me once or twice a week to let me know about these guys roaming our yards.

Don't jump on any bandwagon to air your displeasure if you don't condone me shooting yote's. It will fall on deaf ears & I give a rats arse.
YOU don't live where I do & know about the absolute havoc they create.

See less See more
#9 ·
BMAC20 said:
What do you do with them after the kill? Keep tail as trophy? Keep the hide? Awesome nonetheless :)2
All are taken (friends) & either have rug made up or in this case a friend of mine has collected deer hides over the years & is having a leather coat made up for his wife. Seeing this last yote taken, he wants the hide since its a light colored one, & have it tanned for add on to the coats they are having made up. Hers will have the hair ringaround the collar & sleeves, & his will only have a collar. It'll be matching coat's, all made from his deer hides.

#10 ·
Marabou said:
what was the instrument of death?
A variation 'spin-off' of a 22cal. rifle. Don't wanna git in to much detail & specs, if ya know what I mean ? ;)

#11 ·
Nikster said:
BMAC20 said:
What do you do with them after the kill? Keep tail as trophy? Keep the hide? Awesome nonetheless :)2
All are taken (friends) & either have rug made up or in this case a friend of mine has collected deer hides over the years & is having a leather coat made up for his wife. Seeing this last yote taken, he wants the hide since its a light colored one, & have it tanned for add on to the coats they are having made up. Hers will have the hair ringaround the collar & sleeves, & his will only have a collar. It'll be matching coat's, all made from his deer hides.
Glad to hear there's no waste.

#15 ·
Saw two good size yotes running through front yards in a purely residential area Wed. night.
At least a couple miles from the nearest patch of "wild".

As someone already said.
Whack 'em and stack 'em.

Way too many of them buggers around these days.

#17 ·

In the AR family a 5.56mm. is also known as the 223cal., while its acceptable to shoot 556mm. & 223cal.

But a dedicated 223.cal., is not recomende to shoot 5.56mm., its a variable.

#19 ·
Choupiquer said:
Can you use that on that "other" vermin indigenous only to the Illinois Governors mansion?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#23 ·
Raptor said:
Couple articles in Outdoor Life this month.

http://www.outdoorlife.com/article/Hunt ... er-Coyotes.
What a GREAT ARTICLE. Especially that it directly focus's on how hard they are to hunt. But then again out West (article) the Coyote is much more in tune as to the relation ship between MAN & DANGER . Around here the Coyote is much more relaxed because of the daily exposure to humans & their ongoing actions.
Whenever I hunt in Southern Wisconsin & set up our spot, we have it down pat as to lure them in. eg; a I-Pod & speakers, set up at our decoy aprox., 35/40 yds. away from us. When the calling starts & it draws the attention of a Coyote or 2, they are focused in the direct line of the moving distressed quarry that we have set up & move it from time to time to keep them interested. A remote car that has been drapped in camo & a small stuffed teddy bear situated on top of the car. Moved back & forth a foot or two every 30sec. or so brings them in on a run. Makes for some memorable memories & a great way to spend a day hunting. In the past when I first started in this yote hunting, I cant tell you the times we have been busted by a mere movement from us like a slight head or hand movement. They'd spot us 150yds. off. Never to be called back-up. The remote car & teddy does the trick. :)2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.