Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports - View Single Post - Guides for the Orlando / Disney are
» CLF Sponsors

Fish Apple Canyon Lake

View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 08:22 AM  
Jerkbate

As for the Disney guided trip, it was February when we were there. I tagged along, as my wife had a business seminar there. But just my luck, I brought Orlando's version of Chicago weather with me. Cold and rainy the day I was scheduled. Even the guide was cold and sad for me!

I was pleasantly surprised do see that the guide was a cute lady! In the interest of full disclosure: However, not near as cute as my wife! The guide lady was able to hook a couple of bass on plastics but the bite was very light, so I just didn't have the touch to get any myself. The guide really tried to put me on some fish to no avail.

Two side notes on Disney fishing: I asked the guide when I would see her name in the winner's circle in a tournament. She told me that she was ineligible to fish in the main ladies tournaments because they are sponsored by ESPN, and since Disney and ESPN are under the same corporate umbrella, she could not fish them because she is an employee. To which she then added sadly: "And as you can see today, in fishing, being an employee is no guarantee of success, even in my home lake." She did fish in differently sponsored events, but they don't have the payouts of the ESPN events.

The other Disney observation, Try fishing from shore in one the lakes in the park, and watch how fast the floating security guard spots you with his binoculars then motors up and shags you outta there! Not that it happened to me or anything...!