ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

Dont read no pics

851 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  SONNY180 
#1 ·
Well me and Big Fish Ross made it up to the bay on Sunday after some shoping and unpacking we watched a little football and headed out for the nite. First time out we landed two eyes.

Altough the first nite we didnt slay them we were happy we had a couple of fish were already ahead of last year pace. Regroup and head out on Monday morning we went out early monday morning trolled arround hunters point and Saunders point with nothing to show for. Headed back out Monday night and we only had one eye that got off of Big fish Ross is line. Then Huricane Sandy took over Tuesday and Wendsday was a wash 30 mph winds kick up.

Thursday morning we decided to hit up center reef and troll some crawler harnesses and drag some Red tail chubs along the break line. Thats when this 13 inch perch decided he was hungry and hit on a chub.

Thursday night game plan was to cast the weeds off of center reef and then troll cranks later on.

We picked up a few eyes and a Norton.

So since we stayed out late on thursday nite we did not get a early jump friday morning but this is what we woke up to.

Agian we trolled arround but could not get anything to bite wind picked up so we decided to call it a morning and get ready for the night bite.Friday nite was a good nite for me i picked up 4 nice eyes off of first reef Big fish ross added 1 to the box i must admitt he is a good net man i gave him lots of chances that night.

Most of my fish were caught on Husky Jerks only one was caught on a reef runner Big Fish Ross hot lure was a flicker shad in purple till the Norton messed it up. ALLin all a good trip was had and a good time with Big Fish Ross were booked agian for next year. When we got there water temps were mid 40s when we left they were down to low 40s . Center reef was hot if you could get out there but we did pretty good trolling first reef as it wasnt as windy there.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.