ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

lake gogebic

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  RonG 
#1 ·
looking for a good place to stay and how to fish this lake in the fall.? thanks ---- jim ross

#4 ·
There's lodging all around the lake, but you'll find most of it in Bergland. There's plenty of fishing in the Bergland Bay and nearby. Scary waves for a smaller boat on windy days.

The perch are about the biggest, fattest things you'll ever see. Once a guy pulled up to the dock and I asked if if he had any luck. He said, "just one." I looked and saw laying on his boat floor what I thought was a carp at first. It was the fattest, most distorted looking perch I've ever laid eyes on.

Walleyes are great if you can find them. One night during a September snowstorm with sideways blowing snow, from shore in Bergland, I just killed the eyes. Fish after fish after fish. All were keepers sized except one. I also caught a keeper pike in the dark that night.

#6 ·
Thus far it's been a horrible year due to the extended cold and late ice out. I kayaked it last week without a hit. I talked to an old timer in a boat who's fished it his whole life and said it's the worst year in his entire 40 years of fishing there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.