ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

Grand Traverse county

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  PeterB 
#1 ·
Fished Green lake with a buddy, uncle and my dad over a five day period. The water temp ranged 63-69 degrees and clarity was 8-15ft. The fishing was pretty good, targeted the smallmouth but was a mixed bag with largemouth, northerns and rockbass too. Still a little early in the fall but most fish were caught in 5-10ft, we saw quite a few cruising the shallows. Plastic bite for the most part only took smaller fish. Early and late in the day along with late evening was great, saw fish in the afternoon but they weren't very cooperative. Spooks, buzzbaits, #5 Mepps, war eagle spinnerbaits along with bigger stickbaits twitched on the surface were productive, we missed quite a few on top with fish clearing the water and jumping over our baits. Good company and fishing made it a awesome trip! Lots of pics but these are some of the better ones.

not a fan of these guys!

See less See more
#4 ·
Wow, **** nice fish :)2

#8 ·
Appreciate the positive replies guys! Stonecat take a little time off from working for "the man" and you can catch some bruisers too.
Cat that scar on the northern was twice as bad and deeper on the other side, not sure but am guessing it was from a spearer last winter. Spearing is pretty popular up there in the winter, I saw pics of two in the low 20s speared on the same day which is sad in my opinion. As far as looking like Terrible Ted, that is an insult, I'm thinking more like Sebastian Bach!
Double M, Kenny (aka Cork) sends his love. You are a largemouth catching machine!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.