Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports - View Single Post - Biodegradable Bait Container Legislation?
» CLF Sponsors

Fish Apple Canyon Lake

View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 05:31 PM  
Mike Clifford

Default Biodegradable Bait Container Legislation?

I've been reading quite a few posts lately from people complaining about the overabundance of trash (especially bait containers) littering our waterways and lakes.

As one who has spent hundreds of hours scheduling and participating in "river clean-ups", I for one am tired of dealing with the indiscretions of those that choose deliberately to degrade our natural resources in this fashion.

What I'd like to know from the anglers here is this:

Would you be willing to pay a bit more for your bait (in a commercially provided container) if it was legislated that all of these must be biodegradable?
Keep in mind that if a certain percentage of stores would be willing to provide bait in bulk and you brought your own container, there should be a savings realized in that respect.

The reason I ask is because I'm currently speaking with IL legislators regarding exactly such a bill, but of course if the majority of anglers don't support this sort of thing, it will be a tough climb....

What say you?
Would you support this measure?

Mike Clifford is offline   Reply With Quote