Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports - View Single Post - coyote hunt yesterday (first timer)
» CLF Sponsors

Fish Apple Canyon Lake

View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 03:26 PM  
jasons8387

Send a message via AIM to jasons8387
Default coyote hunt yesterday (first timer)

My dad just purchased a home with 7 acres behind it that borders a huge, i mean huge, corn field. He doesnt own the corn field but the farmer does not mind that we shoot coyotes out of it, just not deer. There are several fence rows and tons of timber surrounding it with a big irrigation ditch running through the middle. The guy who used to live there said there is a healthy coyote population. Anyways we tried for the first time yesterday and saw one several hundred yards away. Did see about 30 deer in the field though, which was encouraging for next years bow season.(they have to go through our property too, right?) Anyways we were hunting out of an 8x8 tower stand with glass sliding windows. This elevated stand sits about 20 yards inside a treeline overlooking the field, I can see a TON from in there. We used one of those digital game calls with the stressed rabbit call and coyote howls. Anyways, was happy to see one and see the deer but is there any other tips a newcomer should know? Im fairly certain there are alot of them around, I think my techniques just need refined. Thanks for any help.
jasons8387 is offline   Reply With Quote