ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

Leapin' lizzards

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Mazonia Bassman 
#1 ·
Finally a decent day incl. the weather at Monster Lake.Even after the winch web strap breaking at the ramp and losing a legal A-rig while trolling ( snagged something sharp ) I still managed 6 decent egg filled female bass. The 1st four came off the bottom in 12ft. depths just before the island at the south end while dragging a Z-man floating lizzard with a 1/8 oz. bullet weight and casting for the other 2 at the beaver dam and creek mouth. 1 was 20 in. and another at just over 18in. then 2 just under 17in. and the last 2 were at 17in. water temps ranged btw. 59 and 61.5 deg.

#3 ·
I think you're possibly right as I've picked-up 4 trolling in Bass, Carp / Gar and Monster and 2 casting and I think by going as light as possible and casting to the schooling bass in summer and again in the fall. Just like any new system or lure it's hard to concentrate all my time on it especially when they're so difficult to cast from a physical and trying to control the tangling aspects. You know how easy it is to go back to the 'old faithful ' presentations.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.