Hello from Bolingbrook - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

Fish Apple Canyon Lake

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2012, 06:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Hello from Bolingbrook

I have been lurking around here for awhile and thought I should introduce myself.
My name is Brock and moved here to Bolingbrook/Naperville last fall from Washington State for my wifes job, man do I miss the mountains I am new to the whole bass fishing scene and kayaking also. I have done some kayaking but just for fun. Coming from the NW I have primarily focused my fishing on Steelhead, Salmon and Sturgeon in the rivers in Oregon and Washington.
I decided at the first of the year I wanted a kayak to better access the lakes, ponds and rivers for fishing so in my quest I came across this site and love it. Last week I picked up a Ascend A12T at BassPro on clearence so saving some bucks it will help pay to rig it up the way I want.....
I am looking forward to getting it rigged and hit the water. Looking forward to finding out more about the local fishing action. Although I am up to driving a couple hours to do some good fishing. Here is a pic of my new ride.

Brock
Brock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2012, 08:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Hello from Bolingbrook

Nice. go out a few times before you clutter it up . You'll need a seat it looks like too.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
. Although I am up to driving a couple hours to do some good fishing.

I am in if you drive ,Your car and you pay for gas.Pennsylvania sounds great for trout fly fishing.
musky7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2012, 12:03 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by musky7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
. Although I am up to driving a couple hours to do some good fishing.

I am in if you drive ,Your car and you pay for gas.Pennsylvania sounds great for trout fly fishing.
Sure thing musky7, no problem. I did find a great deal on a seat for my yak. Have a C.O.D. Apex 1 with a Rod Holder Gear bag for less than half the cost of new. the guy used it once and sold the kayak he had it for. Hoping my schedule clears up next week to get it out on the water so I can figure out where how I want to rig it up.
Getting some great ideas off here for some ad ons.
Brock
Old 04-14-2012, 12:27 AM   #5 (permalink)

welcome. I lived in the PDX area for 8 years, but did almost no fishing there. You'll find the salmon and steelies on the big lake here, if you're brave enough to take the yak out on it; and no fighting the sea lions for 'em.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

hookthis,
Ya I might venture into one of the bays but not much out into the big lake. I sure do miss having 8+ rivers to fish for salmon and steelhead within an hour of home.
I am going to do some research on rivers in Wisconsin and Michigan for steelhead runs and may venture up this fall. Probably just take my waders and wade.
Fighting the sea lions has gotten bad on the Columbia and the Willamette. They estimate the sealions took upwards of 200 sturgeon in 2011 just up by Bonneville dam.

Brock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.