Tarpon 100 - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

Fish Apple Canyon Lake

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2012, 09:28 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Tarpon 100

Hey all,

Am buying a yak this weekend. Have a question though - is the tarpon 100 (10 footer) too small to fish from? I'd mostly be taking it to Busse, but with the occasional trip to the big lake.
50missioncap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Tarpon 100

idk if you noticed me asking a bunch of questions on kayaks, but i am planning on doing the same thing buying a cheaper little kayak for now so i can get out on the lake and get expierence and then im goin to buy somthing better. ill see you at busse on the yak sometime,but just some advice went to mallard yesterday only a 15 20min ride from Busse and i like it better and they have Muskies!!!! caught a 31incher yesterday. !0 foot will be just fine go fo it
KroZ-33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 07:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

Default Re: Tarpon 100

Longer is preferable but 10 is adequate for places like busse. One thing to look at before buying a kayak is how it is set up. Will you be able to mount rod holders to it? Is there access to the inside of the hull where you want the holders? Is there easy accessible room for your gear? These are a few of the things I look for in a kayak.
hckyfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.