ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

Coho's (pics)

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  PoorBoy 
#1 ·
Had a rough night last night which resulted in a late start. On the water by 7am and lines set by 7:30am. The Browns started the day off and we must have netted maybe 10 or so within the first hour, non stop Brown action! No big ones all around 3-5lbs but it was enough to keep us interested. Same baits and the same area as the past week or so. Seen only 1 other boat go by.

Eventually the Coho's turned on but alot of small fish were tossed back in. Coho's and Browns were feeding heavy on Alewives and spit them out all over the boat. Today the fish were really active and the bite shut off around 11am or so. We kept 6 Coho's and all the rest went back in, don't really care to fill the freezer with Coho's just fun to make the time go by....

Lake temp was 35* and the water clarity wasn't the best....NE winds the next few days so I decided to post a report.... :)2 . Have fun this weekend!

Poorboy

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah the entire floor of my boat was full of alewives about 5" long. It was a very productive day I must say! Didn't really have time to relax, we were setting lines all morning....

Poorboy

#8 ·
Maybe 3or 4 more Coho trips and then the trolling gear will be set aside. Then it's time to start Perch fishing down there and working my way up. I'm hoping we don't have another year of dirty water and high winds, I have a new freezer to start on! Big Perch fry planned for the 2nd week of March :)2 ....

Also got word of a local Perch tournament this year and the prizes are top notch with 1st Place being a Lowrance HDS GPS/Sonar..... :)2

Weekends on the Calandar are filling up.... :)23

Poorboy

#10 ·
musky7 said:
PoorBoy said:
, I have a new freezer to start on!

Poorboy

You are telling me it's new?????? :)21
That's the freezer inside of the trailer park Rec center. All of the patrons in the trailer park share this freezer. I usually butcher up some roadkill and donate to the community freezer and others just donate unwanted food from their freezer and share as well. We all are a tight bunch and we all get along well and look out for one another. Here's a few pictures I thought I would share

My trailer is the second one on the right....

Here's a pic of my bro-in-law Parker, but goes by the name of "lil snake"....

Here's a pic of me and my family at the Indiana State Fair 2011. Poorboy Jr. in mamas belly :)2

It's all about feeding tha family...

Poorboy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.