Northpoint Report AM - 4th of July Fireworks! - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

Fish Apple Canyon Lake

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2012, 05:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Northpoint Report AM - 4th of July Fireworks!

Launched this morning out of North Point and headed straight East until we reached 95 feet of water. Ran an 8 rod spread consisting of 4 downriggers, 2 dipseys, and 2 lead core (10 color and 5 color). Did not have to wait long to catch fish! Trolling speed on the GPS was anywhere from 2.4 to 3.1. I quickly realized that if I saw fish on my screen, I would boost the speed up a bit to trigger strikes. This landed us our first quadruple (That's right...4 rods going off at the same time. We managed to get everyone of those fish in! Overall, ended 8 for 11 with 6 Steelhead, 1 King, and 1 huge Laker. We pretty much stayed between 95 and 105 feet of water. Here is what worked for us today:
1-1 10 color with tuxedo magnum stinger spoon - Steelhead
2-3 Downrigger at 67 feet with crush glow spin doctor with a green hypnotist fly - 3 more Steelhead (1 lost at boat).
1-1 5 color with Monkey Puke Magnum Stinger Spoon - 1 Steelhead
2-2 Dipsey out 135 with a NBK E-Chip with a Green Hypnotist fly- 1 King, 1 Steelhead
1-2 Downrigger down 56 with a silver prism dodger with a white Howie Fly- 1 Laker, missed Steelhead
1-2 Downrigger down 35 with a Blue Dolphin Neon Magnum Spoon - 1 Steelhead, missed King

Overall, we had great weather, and spent the day with great friends! I tried to download pictures to this post, but the website will not let me for some reason. I wish everyone continued success fishing!

Salvatore Cannella
Fabulous Fortune is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2012, 05:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Northpoint Report AM - 4th of July Fireworks!

Good stuff Sal

So much for fishing for Drum on the Fox Chain

Make sure when using photobucket that when you resize pic make sure you " replace original" or you are going to be beating your hot dog in the ground all day like i used to.
washhusky102 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Bubbalouie

Quote:
Originally Posted by washhusky102

So much for fishing for Drum on the Fox Chain
Now that's funny! Great day out there- you had your own "Drum roll" on the 4th of July
Bubbalouie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2012, 06:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

That's git'em .

Yeah I had a problem this morning, some jacuzzi thing was popping up---

Hey Ed ya starting a sideline with jacuzzi's?
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Nikster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.