ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

~*~*~ The Final Road to The 2015 Stanley Cup & Saucer :~)

28K views 164 replies 18 participants last post by  PeterB 
#1 ·
Yes, all this talk of Cups lets not leave out the lonely Saucer :)28 ...Yes, I tell you, I couldn't be more pleased! That's exciting stuff alright although I was really disappointed with the game in our back pocket and seconds left LA still manages to put one in. What can you say other then give props to a well designed play, execution & result. Then to make matters worse I dozed off for the winning goal :)20 Oh well caught it on replays a few times and that was really cool. Gotta admit I was surprised they disposed of the Kings as quickly as they did and that Pittsburg folded like an accordion like they did to the Bruins. Give Boston credit to play them as efficiently as they did. Post season is certainly different level of play then the regular season isn't it? Goal tending plays a premium and overall I thought Crawford was exceptional. Though IMO Hawks definitely need more size, they take such a beating every time they are on the ice. I'm sure Boston will do the same in taking it to the Hawks physically. I'm very curious to see how we match up against them 8:) The analyst seem to think its going 7., What about yourself?

#3 ·
Re: ~*~*~ The Final Road to The 2013 Stanley Cup & Saucer :~

I actually felt the opposite Peter. I'm glad they went into O.T. because you don't want to win on a bad "no call" there on Bickell. At least I wouldn't. Arguably, that goal that shouldn't have counted still cost the Kings that game and the series. Great game though. I just HATE how many refs "let them play" in most sports when it comes to the playoffs. The best refs call the game as they see it exactly the same from the first game of the season to the last. That "let 'em play" mentality probably cost the Niners the Superbowl this past year as well.

I'm going against the grain here and predicting the Hawks in 5 again. Brawn vs. Speed and great transition play and a deep line-up. Should be another great series.

Penguins just peeked at the wrong time....

#4 ·

Good morning,

As always Marty eloquently stated. I hear ya brother and don't disagree, although in 5 may be asking quite a bit against the Eastern Conference Champs.

They are a well coached physical team with the likes of Merchandise Mart Marchand ;) wanting to involve himself in every play while slashing, crosschecking, hooking every chance he gets. Dirty player? It's hockey they didn't nickname him "LittleBallofHate" for nothing. Speaking of hate, I never particularly care for Capt bigbird 6'9'' 240 Zdork Chara, IMO overrated player that has experience, 09 Norris Trophy winner, sure he has size on the boards but looks out of place on the ice :)20

No denying that TukkaFukka Rask is an outstanding goalie then again Quick was too yet the Hawks managed to get to him. I tell ya, at $250 a ticket standing room and GNote sitting somewhere, no where near the ice. I'm just going to be hanging out at my digs with a companion of preference enjoying Wed evening with a little carry out action, drinks, slipping of the shoes while enjoying the comfort, luxury, convenience at a fraction of the costs.

Gentleman enjoy!

GooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooHawksGooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

-

#6 ·

Yes she sure does Twisted, she sure does :)22 All seven ha? I can see that and so predict the analist :)2

Oh man, earlier at the grand Ps house along with close friends having cannoli cake, celebrating and opening BDay presents.

Tonight we shared and enjoyed a beautiful Manneli Bros medium rare RibEye with my son Nicholas PeterB 8:) The steak prepared over a hot grill with a Lawry's seasoned salt alongside a couple nice fat Portebello Mushroom with Italian seasoning, parsley and a little parmesan on'm was perrrrrrfect. Man o man what a meal.

Seems like just the other day he was born, time sure marches on. Time now to kick back wind down with some great licks on the headset, a little jam session to meditate, soothe the spirit. Cognac is delicious out of a warm brandy snifter and tastes particularly good tonight. Relax close my eyes, enjoy reflect on this priceless experience. I tell ya guys, although at times things seem tough, a day to day grind. Deep down we should all thank God for all the blessings in our lives.

Man, life is for the living and on moments like this, this living!! Happy BirthDay Nicholas! And a Happy Fathers Day to all you Dads out there..

Go Blackhawks!

#8 ·

FYI Bostoniate Joanna discussing the situation with her girlfriend on the outcome of the hockey game the other night. As you can tell by her expression, they were all fairly raddled by the outcome :)28

With any luck come Saturday evening they will be having a three way 8:)

#9 ·

-

What's a guy to do with JuliaR while she's on summer break but watch the game.

Ho hum I say as long as there's Hawks hockey action; action will be enjoyed, then again there's always intermission :)22

CubaLibre :)28 GooooooooooooooooooooBlackHawks! GoooooooooooooooooooBlackHawks!

#10 ·

-

Everyone is super excited about our Hawks pulling it through in that exciting overtime WIN and now its time to kick back and relax, enjoy and celebrate that victory :)28 ..........

GooooooBlackHawks!

#11 ·

-

I would never even think of going to such an event. Then again gorgeous Amanda here is still making her way home from the BlackHawks celebration parade this afternoon and like her... Its just fine 8:) Congratulations to our Chicago Black Hawks :)28

#14 ·
-

*This thread is actually 2 years old.... Looking back it goes back to when The Hawks were Stanley Cup Champs.

That said. Its back to;

~*~ Road to The Stanley 2015 Cup & Saucer Continued ~*~

Chicago BlackHawks Vs St Louis Blues -

Wednesday Rivalry ?

You tell me why would there be. They just don't like each other do they?

1st meeting since last year the finale for Blues...

Lets see if they feel they have a score to settle tonight or if the Hawks remind them who's house it is at the UC.

GooooooooooooooooooooooooBlackHawksGooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

-

#15 ·
2014-15 Hawks

So Hawks win impressively. Blues are good, but not at the Hawks level (especially with how they have been playing ... 9 wins of their last 11 games)

The Nashville game Sat is a big one. Wonder if Darling will get the call in that one since Crawford is out and Raanta will probably play tonight.

The way Kane and Versteeg are rolling (on the SECOND line...) the Hawks will be hard to beat.

Where does Sharp get re-inserted when he gets back? Move Saad/Hossa to third line? Put Sharpie there?

As the best Coach in Chicago in recent history says "We like tough decisions"

#16 ·
So Hawks win impressively. Blues are good, but not at the Hawks level (especially with how they have been playing ... 9 wins of their last 11 games)

The Nashville game Sat is a big one. Wonder if Darling will get the call in that one since Crawford is out and Raanta will probably play tonight.

The way Kane and Versteeg are rolling (on the SECOND line...) the Hawks will be hard to beat.

Where does Sharp get re-inserted when he gets back? Move Saad/Hossa to third line? Put Sharpie there?

As the best Coach in Chicago in recent history says "We like tough decisions"
You think Q is the best coach in Chicago? Tibs might be my choice.

And There's no way the Richards, Kane, Versteeg line is getting broken up. Those guys are white hot! It is a joy to watch them play. Put Saad on the 3rd line. With his pending RFA status and the Hawks upcoming cap crunch, putting him with Shaw and Bicks and lowering his output might be beneficial in the long run. With Dahlbeck being called up they'll be able to give Rosy a break. The guy has been playing much better hockey than the first month of the year. Maybe give Hossa a break too. No need to push these guys too hard to pile up regular season wins.

Looking forward to the next couple games.

#17 ·
-

I could see that Switz, What you said, stated makes perfect sense. Lets see how it plays out. Either way, I'm glad Sharpies back in rotation.

Although a good case can be made for Tibs. That said I'm a fair weather fan, really being only a basketball PlayOff viewer. I'm more an NFL & NHL, MLB, PGA guy and I'm a Quennerville fan. Not sure how good of a player he was but he can sure put lines together and I like his demeanor and comments before, during and after games.

-

Axis I'm almost certain it will be Raanta too. Although the way the pucks came flying off those goal posts in the 1st seven minutes certainly made you wonder. Not to mention him coming up almost to the blue line to meet the streaking Blues forward had me startled, lookout empty net!!

Got to love his happy-go- lucky attitude though saying that "Ah, of course, the best friend" it's good to get that guy into the game." Its the attitude from the head up that I like. Never mind that last year when he came up from Rockford to help Craw last year he was voted "Rookie of the Month" and remember his stellar play in October after waiting six months Raanta shut out the flyers 32 shots. Not bad play there.

The other nights 40 stops over rival Blues was nothing to sneeze at either. Got to give goaltender coach Jimmy Waite some credit too.

Add another BIG young strong 22 year old Swede in Klas Dahlbeck to our DFense and we should be in rare form
for The Original six's Canadiens tonight.

Lets go Hawks!

GoooooooooooooooooooooBlackHawksGooooooooooooooooooooooooo

-

#19 ·
-

Axis I'm almost certain it will be Raanta too. Although the way the pucks came flying off those goal posts in the 1st seven minutes certainly made you wonder. Not to mention him coming up almost to the blue line to meet the streaking Blues forward had me startled, lookout empty net!!

Got to love his happy-go- lucky attitude though saying that "Ah, of course, the best friend" it's good to get that guy into the game." Its the attitude from the head up that I like. Never mind that last year when he came up from Rockford to help Craw last year he was voted "Rookie of the Month" and remember his stellar play in October after waiting six months Raanta shut out the flyers 32 shots. Not bad play there.

The other nights 40 stops over rival Blues was nothing to sneeze at either. Got to give goaltender coach Jimmy Waite some credit too.

Add another BIG young strong 22 year old Swede in Klas Dahlbeck to our DFense and we should be in rare form
for The Original six's Canadiens tonight.

Lets go Hawks!

GoooooooooooooooooooooBlackHawksGooooooooooooooooooooooooo

-

I pee'd a little when he did that. :-D

#18 ·
Raanta had a great month last year when he replaced an injured Crawford but from January on he was below average. Hopefully, he keeps playing the way he did against St L and Montreal. That second goal to Gonchar should have been stopped but overall he played well last night. I think we can both recognize several goals that easily could have been scored in the last two games but weren't.

Fun game against Montreal. I would have been pleased with getting a point by getting to OT and the win was just bonus.

As you look at this team there are no glaring holes. They have been without their leading scoring for the last month and have been the best team in hockey. All their lines are playing well and guys like Nordstrom, Carcillo, and Smith are productive with small minutes. Plus, Hossa and Saad haven't hit their groove. I know it's early but I'd like to see the Hawks get a veteran 6-7 dman at the trade deadline.

LOL- I did some old man stuff by falling asleep at 7:00 on Friday and waking up at 3:30 to watch the Montreal game. Fun way to start the day. Definitely going to have some beer and s little whiskey while I watch the game tonight :-D.

#20 ·
Raanta had a great month last year when he replaced an injured Crawford but from January on he was below average. Hopefully, he keeps playing the way he did against St L and Montreal. That second goal to Gonchar should have been stopped but overall he played well last night. I think we can both recognize several goals that easily could have been scored in the last two games but weren't.

Fun game against Montreal. I would have been pleased with getting a point by getting to OT and the win was just bonus.

As you look at this team there are no glaring holes. They have been without their leading scoring for the last month and have been the best team in hockey. All their lines are playing well and guys like Nordstrom, Carcillo, and Smith are productive with small minutes. Plus, Hossa and Saad haven't hit their groove. I know it's early but I'd like to see the Hawks get a veteran 6-7 dman at the trade deadline.

LOL- I did some old man stuff by falling asleep at 7:00 on Friday and waking up at 3:30 to watch the Montreal game. Fun way to start the day. Definitely going to have some beer and s little whiskey while I watch the game tonight :-D.

LOL, I fell asleep too and watched it later as well. Was earlier that 3:30 though!
Ditto on the second part too.

#21 ·
-

Hawks WIN!

Hawks WIN!

Hawks WIN! Cough cough. Ho hum. As now we catapulted straight to 1st Place Central Division with our third string 6'6'' goal keeper.

Darling played an outstanding game stopping 32 in his 1st start since October. Not too shabby.

Saad's power move and finesse pass to Hoss was almost more impressive then his wicked wrist shot over PekkeReene.

I particularly enjoyed Shaws check and leg lift to assist Predator winger into the Blackhawks bench. LOl.

Hats off to Bickel for not taking any crap after seeing Saad ealier get crossed check back down from behind while trying to get back up. As he was pushed into the net later he showed some guniuones (balls) by dropping the gloves and at least making a statement.

Although speed, finesse and winning are all great. Hawks should be and could be more aggressive and that's where I believe the new blood Nordstrom, Klas etc will be a good welcome addition to us. Smack'm back boys!

Until Tuesday Vs N.J. rest up and lets keep that stellar playing going. Enjoy!

-

-

#22 ·
I like the way she glances at you for a split second to make sure you're watching...:)23

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, go Hawks !

#26 ·
-

Switz is passionate about the Hawks and like yourself is an avid sports enthusiast. I applaud you both for that.

-

I was more interested in hashing over and discussing our opinions, what we were discussing on how the NHL is not what it used to be when players like the Bobby Hull, The Garbage Man, Orr or the Great One were playing or even before them ?

To some extent I agree with you Andy then again I can see the NHL wanting to protect the players on head shots, boarding from behind etc.

Does it take away from the competitive fun nature of the game. Sure perhaps then again where does one draw the line?

Now days they were helmets, face shields, mouth pieces etc in the day they barely had shin guards, shoulder wear etc.

What about the so called dirty players are they truly dirty or is that just the game Hockey let alone professionals in the NHL?

Lets hear Sports Enthusiast? What do you have to say about it ?

-

#28 ·
-

Sure I've heard of him. Yet I don't know the inside skinny. I know he plays for Oilers.... What about him ?

Quick Google says;

Tyler Pitlick

Ice hockey player

Tyler Joseph Pitlick is an American professional ice hockey forward.

He is currently playing with the Edmonton Oilers of the National Hockey League.

He was selected by the Edmonton Oilers in the 2nd round of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. Wikipedia

Born: November 1, 1991 (age 23), Minneapolis, MN

Height: 6' 2" (1.88 m)

Weight: 192 lbs (87 kg)

Salary: 725,000 USD (2015)

Current team: Edmonton Oilers (#68 / Right wing)

Shoots: Right-handed

And ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.