ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

public land stand advice

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  wormsoaker 
#1 ·
So I set a stand in a nice saddle area a few hundred yd.s away from a stand that only seemed to be good during gun season( seemed escaping deer always popping up trotting away from other hunters either bumping them or shooting at them) I got a cheap trail cam and set it up kinda pointing toward a draw that I felt deer would come up or go down in. To my surprise no one stole it over the 2 weeks I left it up:lol: and I got some good pics.
Here's "the rub"( pun intended) only one pic during daylight! Even that one was in the twilight last 1/2 hr. of legal hunting"light"(LAST min.!) So do I stick with it or move? Seemed to be at least 3-4 different does and one little 4 pt. only one rub in area(probably the little guy) a bigger buck may come by to breed who knows? I plan on throwing up the cam in a different area to scout it. hope I get to check the pics( if someone doesn't take it on me, I do have a lock on it but if someone really wants it I know it's gone,hence buying cheap!)
Any idea's?/help BTW no I'm not telling where I hunt!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.