Well...... - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

Fish Apple Canyon Lake

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2011, 08:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Drakebuster
Default Well......

I'll say it since I haven't seen anyone else do it............ This season has SUCKED in these parts! 12 days left and still no push, best duck season ever my a$$!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2011, 06:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Well......

I agree...pathetic. We even ran over to the mississippi and hunted 2 days=1 woodduck. The guys over their said with the early flooding and high waters all summer that the food never came in. We saw open water and they said it is usually covered in pads and such for the ducks. No reason for them to stay their. I know some guys are doing well but personally this has been my worst year. I guess goose season will have to make up for it. I even put my custom duck rig up for sale to switch around my hunting style. They will show up 2 weeks after the close of the season as usuall. Because you know everyone wanted the season to start in october when its 75 degrees out.
1QUACKER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2011, 08:25 AM   #3 (permalink)

Typical season around here. A few days left in the Northern zone, and migrators are just now starting to show up in numbers. You will be able to walk across them a week or two after season. Just like every. Other. Year.

I have Central zone spots too, but unless we really get a good push, it's about the same story there. Oh well. Atleast we will be able to get our fill of late season geese...
Yak Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2011, 08:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Drakebuster

I'd still like to meet the guys that wanted that early season

As for Geese, I sure hope they show up soon. This time last year I was pounding them, this year sucks. Shot 1 Canvas this morning that was it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.