wading the dupage near naperville - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2004, 03:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default wading the dupage near naperville

reading some of the posts i noticed someone said its illeagal to wade the dupage is this true trying to find some new places to fish and thought about the dupage any suggestions would be much apprciated
fishchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2004, 06:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

the consensus is that yes it is illegal, but what isnt in naperville these days... not to promote breaking the law, but in 4 years of doing so, i have noticed a few things....many people wade anyways without ever getting in trouble even with police driving past and seeing it going on, that i have only been stopped once while there and all that happened was i was told to get out no real consequences....so i suppose wade at your own risk
JMParks16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2004, 05:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

Not to say I wouldn't/ haven't walked a step or two into the Duper, but having lived in Naperville for quite a few years, one thing I learned was:
No crime + bored cops = tickets for stupid stuff
T-Bone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2004, 06:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

tbone couldnt have said it better, however there is very limited access to much of hte river(at least where i fish) and so when weighing hte options, i guess ive decided to take my chances.
Old 12-14-2004, 07:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

In case you haven't taken a look at some of my previous posts, here is where I head out on the DuPage:
http://www.napervilleparks.org/npdParkD ... ?parkid=92
As I have mentioned before, I love this place, hardly anyone ever goes there, other than some neighborhood dogwalkers, you have to be willing to get a little sloppy to get to the best spots, and you would never guess you are in DuPage County. If you want to wade, there are miles of river there that you cannot even see from the parking lot, so I would guess the Anti Wading Squad will not be an issue, if you get my drift...The fishing is good, not great, nothing huge, but I always go light and always catch fish, which is fine with me.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

i usually wade out of knoch knolls, i used to fish back in there when i was younger, never waded and dont remember catching anything, but i doubt we ever tried real hard when we were out there....
Old 12-15-2004, 09:04 AM   #7 (permalink)

I'm on the north end of town and wade a lot. I try to be discreet and not get in anyone's face. It's the only way to get to the fish. Been stopped, had my license checked and wished luck, but never kicked out of the water. I wear hippers and a vest to show that I'm only there to do serious fishing.

The forest preserve is considering dropping their anti-wading regulation. Drop 'em a note and let them know it's a good idea.
keller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2004, 12:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Ed
Administrator

That's good news keller.
Do you have an email address for them?
Old 12-15-2004, 05:59 PM   #9 (permalink)

The park I am in is a Naperville District park, but I know the county also has parks with access to it.
The website for the Naperville Park District is www.napervilleparks.org
I could not get individual e-mail for the board members or executive director on it, it is just a form, so I would suggest doing as I just did, writing one little note, copying it, than pasting and sending to each person on there.
Also, depending on where you live, you have a County Forest Commisioner who represents your area. Take a look at www.dupageforest.com, and send one to your area person, (whom you elect, by the way, and you might mention that you vote and are aware of others who share your opinion) or again, do as I did and send it to all of them! I bet this topic has never even come up at one of their meetings.
The addresses are:
Dewey Pierotti, he's the head honcho,
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
Good luck, happy fishing!
T-Bone
Old 12-16-2004, 09:26 AM   #10 (permalink)

I sent an email to [email protected] to the attention of Brent Manning (the director). He's a flyfisherman. He emailed back and said they are looking at it. Keep sending your cards and letters.
keller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in