river walk area pond - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2006, 11:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default river walk area pond

There is a pond just south of the river with paddle boats and a fishing dock. I went there many years ago and got alot of bullhead and went there today and saw nothing but gills and bull head. I would think that place has monster bass but not an abundance of em though. Does anyone know how this pond produces. Bouncing a jig of the steep slopes seems like it would be good.
husky jerk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2006, 12:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Jim

There are bass in there, I have seen 3 smallmouth, one went about 4 pounds, at least that was my guess, never saw any largemouth, and could never get a small to hit. I have caught some crappies, and there are some huge bluegill, and monster carp in there as well. It is a shame you are not allowed to fish from the paddleboats.
jimlabanco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2006, 09:16 AM   #3 (permalink)

When I was a teenager, about 10 years ago, I was screwing around, trying to use a live bluegill for bait. I cast off the floating dock to a fallen tree and had an aproximate 40" muskie follow it in. I've also seen northern in there. The place has monster bass, both largemouth and smallmouth, but I've never seen them hit anything. I also know they used to stock trout in there years ago.
mikeyd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2006, 10:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

Can you fish in there? I have often thought it looked like a great spot but I was always there drinking and doing the riverwalk thing.
BassSlayer1972 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2006, 12:32 AM   #5 (permalink)

on the northeast corner there is a small landing that ive fished from, the only problem is its about 20 feet off hte water, only caught small brim from there, last time i went there (2 years ago) there was a raccoon living in the bushes who was quite interested in what we were catching, coming within a few feet of us numerous times
JMParks16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in