DuPage in West Chicago - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2002, 11:05 AM   #1 (permalink)

I work in West Chicago and the DuPage is just about across the street from where I am working. Is the section of the DuPage between North Avenue Roosevelt Road worth exploring for smallmouth? The river looks good, with plenty of riffles and structure, but so far I have not seem much fish activity. I don't mind doing some hiking and brush busting to find some good spots.
BigA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2002, 08:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

I dont know about the smallies in that area,but the carp fishing is good.You might want to try canoeing it.I put in Winfield and take out at the Mack rd. takeout(on mack rd. just east of 59).Nice ride aprox. 2 hrs,high water,1. Good luck.
TKING is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2002, 08:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

I live just about walking distance from the "creek" (its THAT big at North Ave). Have caught some small cats but really haven't fished it that much, pretty rough hiking right there. But I'll be giving it a try soon.

Have you tried it just south of Roosevelt Rd? Just to the west of Pal Joey's the river gets covered with lily pads come summer on the inside bend. Has always looked real good. Need to try it real soon.....
DaveBien is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in