Lisle Green Trails Ponds - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

Complete sponsor list

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2014, 10:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Lisle Green Trails Ponds

Anyone caught anything bigger than a 6" cat in the Green Trails ponds this year? I live in the neighborhood and can catch 10-15 small cats in any trip, but rarely anything else. Maybe I'm just fishing too deep??
mrbraq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2015, 05:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jhawk

Mrbraq,

I know your post is a year old but after awhile away I've returned to this forum. I would often fish these ponds 4-5 years ago and would often pull bass out. In the last couple years I have returned I only catch cats and bluegill/ sunfish.
I havnt fished there exclusively for cats in awhile, but when I use to I would use chicken and get 12"-14" ones. Over the last 10 years it seems these ponds have gotten more pressure. It's a shame because I loved going knowing at most times I could land a bass or two.
Jhawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2017, 10:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

Fished there off and on for at least 15 years...never caught a single fish (always artificial lures though). I don't even remember seeing sunfish in the shallows. Its a shame, lake looks to have good shoreline and a little structure. Probably over-fished and people keeping any and everything they catch.
TaxationIsTheft is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2017, 01:00 AM   #4 (permalink)

I hit those ponds in the mid 2000's a lot. We would get largemouth, but other ponds are better. I actually caught a smallmouth at May Watts on a rattle trap. The long lake south of 75th just west of Modaff is good largemouth country. Manns baby1-, and texas rigged plastic worms dragged along the bottom are a good start. And it is loaded with huge carp (one I fought for 45 minutes because I snagged it in the tail with a manns). You can also ice fish the long lake and it's smaller cousin in that apartment complex in the winter.
Andrewlg1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2017, 05:37 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewlg1 View Post
I hit those ponds in the mid 2000's a lot.
You must be from the future
Old 08-31-2017, 10:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

Haha yea. I'm trying to keep my mom from marrying this guy named Biff.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

We'd get a few 2-3 pound largemouth on manns baby 1- and then move to better water. Like I've said on here, The Mill ponds (the long lake) on 75th by Modaff Rd. Is good. Texas rigs or shallow crankbaits or spinners. Just down the road from Green Trails. Back in my heyday (2005), I pulled in like 25 largemouth in a couple of hours. Best fishing day of my life. I fish every shore except the east end. It's loaded with carp, too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in