» CLF Sponsors
Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports

Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports (https://www.chicagolandfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dupage (https://www.chicagolandfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Anybody ever get walleye at blackwell? (https://www.chicagolandfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96890)

Mr-Powers 10-20-2015 11:36 AM

Anybody ever get walleye at blackwell?

Hey guys so this year I've been trying to catch as many species of fish this year as possible and I'm at 27 different species.
Now my problem is I haven't got a walleye and I know it's startin to become a good time for them so I was wondering.

Has anybody caught any at blackwell? Have any tips? Or if anybody knows of any other good close places?

Also ps haven't gotten a carp yet either lol

habeebtc 10-20-2015 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr-Powers (Post 624602)
Hey guys so this year I've been trying to catch as many species of fish this year as possible and I'm at 27 different species.
Now my problem is I haven't got a walleye and I know it's startin to become a good time for them so I was wondering.

Has anybody caught any at blackwell? Have any tips? Or if anybody knows of any other good close places?

No carp? How?

Anyways for walleye St. Charles dam is a great place. I have caught 1 or 2, and seen many more caught. Not sure if any sauger or saugeye are caught there.

You can get carp there, too. Mostly common carp.

The Chicago harbors have leather and mirror carp. Yorkville on the Fox I have heard you can get into grass carp.

Mr-Powers 10-21-2015 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habeebtc (Post 624610)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr-Powers (Post 624602)

No carp? How?

Anyways for walleye St. Charles dam is a great place. I have caught 1 or 2, and seen many more caught. Not sure if any sauger or saugeye are caught there.

You can get carp there, too. Mostly common carp.

The Chicago harbors have leather and mirror carp. Yorkville on the Fox I have heard you can get into grass carp.

I haven't really tried super hard cause I figured I would get lucky with one. I hooked into 2 really nice ones downtown but both snapped me off on the docks.

What do you use at the St Charles dam and also what season is best for walleyes

habeebtc 10-21-2015 09:39 PM

I've only fished the dam a few times, but I've gotten common carp, flathead and channels, and one walleye on the nightcrawlers below the dam.

The guys that catch walleye all night long wade out to the middle with some sort of lures, and cast into the rough.

The Bergermiester 10-22-2015 12:57 PM

I have caught many shorts a Blackwell never a legal-18 inch walleye. My best was through the ice right out in front of the boat ramps at 14 inches.

mikeyd 10-22-2015 01:39 PM

I don't really fish for them around here but Busse Woods has some. There's some reports out there in the internet wonderland if you search for them.

Mr-Powers 10-23-2015 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bergermiester (Post 624754)
I have caught many shorts a Blackwell never a legal-18 inch walleye. My best was through the ice right out in front of the boat ramps at 14 inches.

Do you only catch them ice fishing?

Mr-Powers 10-23-2015 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habeebtc (Post 624697)
I've only fished the dam a few times, but I've gotten common carp, flathead and channels, and one walleye on the nightcrawlers below the dam.

The guys that catch walleye all night long wade out to the middle with some sort of lures, and cast into the rough.

Yeah I might throw some rattling crankbaits there tomorrow. And I got a carp yesterday it was a little one but it counts got it out of the DuPage river

The Bergermiester 10-23-2015 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr-Powers (Post 624826)
Do you only catch them ice fishing?

Yes- I've caught them dead sticking with a minnow or jigging with spike's.

Jerkbate 10-27-2015 05:39 AM

27 species is impressive. I would be curious to see your list of fish caught this year. Thanks.