Hitting the Des Plaines South - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2005, 10:58 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Hitting the Des Plaines South

My buddy and I are gonna hit the Lyons / Riverside area tomorrow- with all the walleye talk, we figured we'd give it a shot. Just wondering if someone could point us in the direction of a baitshop down there. Any other tips or info would be greatly appreciated too, of course. Hopefully, our hands will reek of walleye while we're tipping back some beers watching the Bears tomorrow...
rubberfishwrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2005, 07:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rubberfish, theres berwyn bait and tackle on ogden and a couple doors east of oak park ave on the south side of the street. also ther is midwest rod and reel. From ogden go south on 1st ave. then make the first right on plainfield rd. it will be right there on your left side past the white hen. on sunday they are open from 10-3, there hours are wierd they open at ten everyday. they is a shooting range there also.

I havent been down there in a couple of weeks. Husky jerks have been working best for me. People have been catching them on any minnow type lure. Usually i dont have much luck before sunset, most all fish were caught while it was dark
FoPoIl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2005, 06:01 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the response- we ended up hitting Henry's- shouldn't even have bought any live bait- they were no use, really- I got skunked yet again, but my partner landed a monster pike- It had to be ten pounds, but he swears it was 15 at least- We snapped a pic, and as soon as he figures out how to post it, it'll be there to view- I'm still trying to figure out how to post a pic, too- I got a couple decent pike pics from last fall

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2005, 11:40 AM   #4 (permalink)

If you upload your pic to a photo sharing website like photobucket.com, it's very easy. Just copy the link on the photo website and paste it like so: [img]copied%20link[/img]

Then you'll have posted a pic. Hope this helps a little.
Patman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2005, 11:14 AM   #5 (permalink)

this time of year ur best bet if using live bait if minnows i personally like to use large fathead minnows for the eyes and large golden roaches for the pike or sucker minnows if u can find them
steelheadwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2005, 06:41 AM   #6 (permalink)

Here's my buddy's from this year, caught on a mepp's inline spinner. Pretty nice.
Here's my bro's from last year. Caught on a rattle trap.
Here's my best from last year. Pretty fricken sad. Compared to the other two.
Thanks, Patman for the assist in uploading the pics- I'm computer illiterate, pretty much.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:31 AM   #7 (permalink)

Nice Fish Rubber, what area were you fishing for those pike. I've had some luck where i fish for northern, mostly small, only one in the 30" range.
FoPoIl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2005, 10:04 AM   #8 (permalink)

rubberfishwrangler wrote:
Quote:
Thanks, Patman for the assist in uploading the pics- I'm computer illiterate, pretty much.
No problem. I'm glad you were able to figure it out. Very nice northerns you and your buddies got. Yours ain't that bad, just a little thin.
Patman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2005, 03:19 AM   #9 (permalink)

The top fish was caught in Riverside, I'd go into further detail, but it was my first time fishing down there, and I forget the exact spot. The other two were caught about ten feet apart, across from Palwaukee airport near Dundee road. Now's the time, but I think all the gas and oil runoff in the river water has worn away some of the neoprene on my waders- I got soaked the last time out.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:20 AM   #10 (permalink)

Hey nice fish
Do you know by any chance how big are the fish from 1st and 2nd picture?
240sxR33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in