BB spillway - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2007, 08:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default BB spillway

any body ever fish the big bend spillway on the river side?i did one and only got a bite.it was on a cont down rapala.any hoo,reports or stories would be appriciated
prince o pike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2007, 11:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

Yeah ive been there a bunch of times and i hate admiting that ive caught skunk more then anything. Did get one pike and gills i think a bass oh and a really nice crappie. But for the most part drowning worms and catching leaves. Ive heard that a near by dam has better reports i forget which one but im sure if you use the search bar you can find the answer. Ive heard roaches under a bobber work well near the spillway, hmm what else. If i think of anything else ill be sure to post. (ive heard big bend itself near the nw part and the incoming water area have good carp populations.)
Itwasthisbig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2007, 11:35 AM   #3 (permalink)

i get alot of walleyes and northern pike right there with white jigs or white x-raps
gocubs710 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2007, 11:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Itwasthisbig, have'nt heard from you in a while. lets get into that good populatoin of carp!! Joe
Joe D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2007, 10:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

hey joe. yeah started new job workin my ace off. eh. Yeah cant wait for ice to leave want to try some carp and a few others!
Itwasthisbig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2007, 08:37 AM   #6 (permalink)

as long as the temp stays up I still want to hit that warm water discharge on the shipping canal. George (perch guy) got a few carp the other day but I'm not sure where he was. I may give it a shot one of these afternoons this week. I've been tying flies like crazy. if you want e-mail an address where I can get a hold of you and I'll send you a few different ones to try out. you could use them under a float if or with a casting bubble so you dont have to use a fly rod. I've got some dyn-o-mite looking stoneflies I just made and could use the help of a field tester if you are interested. my e-mail is [email protected] I'm gonna offer a few to george as well. Thanks Joe
Old 02-21-2007, 11:37 AM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to PowernFinesse

Hey Joe and itwasthisbig, hows it going with you guys? I was at the shipping canal the past two days fishing with strawberry corn. Wind and lack of time were my enemies. The water's about 45-50 degrees (at least that's what I estimated when i stuck my hand in there). Almost carping time again.
"I think I fish, in part, because it's an anti-social, bohemian business that, when gone about properly, puts you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution." John Gierach
PowernFinesse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2007, 11:53 AM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to PowernFinesse

I almost forgot. I'm going to Midwest today to get some weights and hooks and then I'm gonna be at the canal from 2-6. Its right off of Archer ave. If anyone wants to come by, shoot the breeze and hopefully tie into some big carp, gimme a call. my cell is 708-646-3653.
"I think I fish, in part, because it's an anti-social, bohemian business that, when gone about properly, puts you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution." John Gierach
PowernFinesse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2007, 11:56 AM   #9 (permalink)

I love Carp fishing, but never had any luck until the water warmed up some.
Rocco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2007, 04:03 PM   #10 (permalink)

power, good to hear from you again, I told itwasthisbig and perch guy that I've been tying alot of flies lately and have some really good looking ones. anyway I could use a field tester or two. if you are interested e-mail me at [email protected] and let me know where to send em. I wish I knew ahead of time you were goin fishin. I just got home from some running around I had to do. but if you are going again this week I could make it around the time in the afternoon.thanks. Joe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in