conditions - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2006, 01:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default conditions

Lots of rain has the tribs cranking and muddy and the river is worse .
Creekyknees is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2006, 06:54 AM   #2 (permalink)

where should i fish for catfish at night tomorrow in th k3 should i go to desplaines cons area or k3 river state park or wilmington dam
daniel908 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2006, 11:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

please help why should i donate if you guys dont help
daniel908 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2006, 12:32 AM   #4 (permalink)

Default help

Have you tried to help yourself at all ?

Do a search in the archieves , spend a little money in the local bait shops and then ask them some questions , talk to other fishermen you meet on the water , get Mulladys Sportsmen letter maps for access points , or the Fishing Hot Spots map , or best of all get out and fish and find out for yourself .

The best way to learn is time on the water backed up by research into the subject at hand . There are a lot of good books and videos availible on catfish . There are online sources on information , do a google search on catfish and see how much comes up . Check them out and relate that to what you see on the water .

Anyone of those three areas you mentioned hold cats but you still need to know which spots in those areas are best and what techniques work in those spots . The K3 state park is about 14 miles long by itself , someone tells you to go there and you pick the wrong spot and don't catch fish . Are you going to be blaming them for telling you to fish in the wrong area?

I know I won't and most likely most of the others are going to put up specific spots within those areas on the internet . The best thing to do is to pick one of those areas and take the time to learn it before you start jumping all over the river .

As far as the orignal intent of my first post , it was to let those who don't live in the area know what the river conditions were at that point . They could then decide if they wanted to make what for some is a long drive on a busy holiday weekend , that is all .

As to whether you should donate or not , I guess that's up to you and what you expect from this site . Do you think that if you donate people are obligated to answer your every question ? Most of the time most of your questions will be answered but you should also take into account that this is a holiday weekend and many are traveling or hanging with family .

As to why I didn't post a response until now , it was because I didn't have the time . If I had I would have told you to pick the one you like best and keep moving in that area until you caught some fish .

Good luck in your future fishing trips and remember lady luck likes those who also help themselves .
Old 05-28-2006, 06:16 AM   #5 (permalink)

Default catfishing

well first thing creeky is thanks for your input. well with the river up the first thing you need to find is calmer water. prarie creek is good, the backwaters, the widows home 3 places that come to mind come to mind. crayfish, creek chubs, bluegills, helgramites best baits, nightcrawlers too im a live bait fisherman
cartwrightrk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2006, 07:43 AM   #6 (permalink)

Guy;s please help on creek chub?.......Mike
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2006, 04:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

Default creek chub

Creek Chubs - 1/16 oz white roostertail or thill mini-stealth , split shot , size 8 truturn and redworm . Fish upstream and downstream side of riffles .

Catch a dozen and go catfeeshin .
Old 05-29-2006, 06:00 AM   #8 (permalink)

Default creek chubs

you can buy 6 minnow traps on ebay for under $20 and catch plenty of chubs great for cats, walleye and smallmouth
cartwrightrk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in