Grant Creek Area or Backwaters? - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2007, 02:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to MissDeamenor
Default Grant Creek Area or Backwaters?

I was driving today in the Desplaines Cons area on West River Rd. in Wilmington or Channahon and I noticed 2 bodies of water on both sides of the road and alot of people fishing from the road, that dead ends at the abandoned looking marina. Everybody advised they caught a skunk..lol. I found out later that the area was grant creek and the desplaines river on the marina side. I was thinking about trying grant creek from the road. What can I expect to catch in this area? and what bait should I try? and can I launch a 19ft boat in this area? This is the area below. Thanks for replies.. Missdeamenor

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=41.3 ... &z=15&om=1
MissDeamenor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2007, 08:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

Never been there myself, but a fella I work with says he gets good fish from that area. The usual -sunfish, bass, cats.
He said this year, he has caught a few bowfin, -thought they were snakeheads.
I would like to get out there and target bowfin, I think they are an unappreciated predator, worthy of pursuit.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in