Selling Helgamites=5 years Prison Time - Page 2 - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2009, 09:04 AM   #11 (permalink)

Removed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2009, 09:39 AM   #12 (permalink)

Thank you BATMAN!!!! If this is out of your League than that only means one thing

DOO DOO DOO DA DA DA BATMAN!!!

We need to call SUPERMAN and Wonder Woman,,,And if we can BATGIRL
  Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2009, 09:46 AM   #13 (permalink)

Hey Gilbert, you should try taking a long walk off of a very short pier. Ever since you took offense to a post by Local you have become a real menace to these threads. WTF do you know about the river and its forage anyway? Your "facts" are unfounded and you sound like a little jealous school girl. Get real brother and stay off of these forums if you dont like what you see. Local is one of the most respected fisherman on the Kankakee and has gained that reputation not by promoting helgie hunting but by doing his part on the river. Do you actually think he is the only one who fishes with helgies anyway? I know the river very well and many of its die hards and they too use them much like he does. MANY of them. Do us all a favor and beat it!!!! You do not NEED to be on here, especially if you are just causing trouble.
k3rat is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2009, 09:49 AM   #14 (permalink)

Yes, I as a kid I could catch any catfish within a mile. Clams as we called them were really good for both line and trotline fishing. I havent fished with clams for years and didn't even know it was illegal at the time.

Some folk took issue with this lawless behavior. But simple me - I took one of God's creatures from the river bed and used it for bait. Other than paper regulations that "the man" has, its no different that plucking helgies from under rocks and using THEM to catch catfish.

I would prefer to do both. But its getting to the point where you need to be an attorney to know what bait to use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilbert Grape
Not sure about mussels....never really considered that,,Good Point,, Did you catch big cats?? I usually don't fish for them but catch them time to time,
Old 08-06-2009, 10:05 AM   #15 (permalink)

Take a long walk off a short pier.. COME ON, You can do better than that K3RAT!!!

Who's a lil schoolgirl now..Meet me at the swing set at recess, or better yet the teeter totter.. I actually studies this in BIOLOGY,, That is how I know about the forage and the river system,Not to mention my son is a Marine Biologist in the Navy and he sends me info on fish a lot.

Anyhoo I did not plan on pinpointing fingers at anyone, And yes Local is a great poster, and I have complimented his his post many times and wish him nothing but the best as I do everyone,

I am not here to ROCK THE BOAT..Just want people to be aware.

CATMANDU,,Kewl name, Is that a song from the s maybe 70's Seiger maybe. Thanks for theinput on the clams, So Flatheads or what,, Ever catch a eel doing that,, Those a scary
Old 08-06-2009, 10:05 AM   #16 (permalink)

No such regulation exists in Illinois or any site specific regulations regarding the Kankakee river, as Im sure most of you knew anyway. Bitter sources=false information. And as far as not rocking the boat, take a look back at your post after Local called you out. You acted like a serious jag because of it. And in reference to the pier remark, I was mocking your earlier posts hoping you would see how ridiculous you sounded not only for being rude but for also mocking people from around the river in an attempt to belittle the fact that they are "country". Try using some founded facts and intelligence to get your points across instead of being an internet tough guy to accomplish your goal.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:48 AM   #17 (permalink)

How touching,,, Nonone ever called me out,, In fact I also live within blocks of the Kank and consider myself a REDNECK and don't have a problem with that neighbor,, I am not a Jealous Jag at tall.. Or an Internet tough guy,,And the facts are true.. Check it out,, Illegal,, Not that I am going to be able to arrest anyone or would if I could, The point was to PROTECT THE FISH!!AND THERE FORAGE. Ya think you would care living in the area. Once again I am not hear to cause any problems and wish Local and yourself nothing but the best and help keep our rivers productive, I truly beleive that the State Record is going to come out of the Duper some day soon.. If I have affended a few people I am SORRY, Don't have a problem saying that, Sorry..

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO Gilbert
Old 08-06-2009, 12:10 PM   #18 (permalink)

No need to apologize but again, it is not illegal to harvest helgies. I scoured the Illinois regulations as well as many other sources and have found no literature to back up your claim. If you have reputable information that has been published and confirmed please post a link so everyone can see it first hand for themselves. This would clear up any controversy and take the target off of your back indeed. Hearsay is not a sound piece of evidence to back up claims like that. I especially do not believe it considering I have been checked by the DNR, specifically Holly, who happens to be as hardnosed as they come, while in possession of over a dozen helgies and she didnt raise an eyebrow about it. If anyone was going to enforce a regulation that involved live bait, it would have been her. Where is Norm when these subjects come up? He is the resident expert on conservation involving the Kankakee.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:37 PM   #19 (permalink)

Illegal to harvest hellgrammites? You're an idiot.
Ed1979 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2009, 12:52 PM   #20 (permalink)

So I've been told,, Thanks for caring... Namecaller
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in