ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

Why is it closed?

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Marabou 
#1 ·
I drove by the rt 113 (number 9) boat launch yesturday to find the gates locked, while I was parked there anther person pulled up and said it was typical of the KKK river rangers and employees to not open it as they dont wanna havta clean it up after a flooding. He said he had asked an employee a couple of days before about it and they said the river was too high and dangerous (I live right on the river and its level is fine). Also the ramps are open at Des Plaines and other areas ..... Same river but apparently some employees are lazier than other employees?

#3 ·
If you live on the river, then didnt you notice half of your backyard is under water?

Driving down 113, the banks of the river are 30yds outside its banks in some areas. I saw a pontoon boat that was tied up to a tree (at the edge of the actual bank) that now looked like it was floating out in the middle of the river.

#4 ·
I dont know where you guys are ............but I live on the river............ my dock is sitting fine....

The water is WELL within the banks........... 7-10 days ago yes it was at flood levels............ now it IS NOT.

My neighbors last night had a bon fire party right on the river bank.

I grew up along the river for over 40 years........ so I know a little about the water levels. If it wasnt for the incoming storm I would be out there fishing right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.