ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

State Park 4/22 Report

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  hookthis 
#1 ·
Hello. This is my first post here. I've gotten a lot of good information here over the past few years about the 3K, and this is the first time I've had something that I thought was worth sharing. I fished just about one-and-one-half hours yesterday between 4:30 and 6:30 (the rest of the two hours was spent moving around) at a couple of different spots in the state park and at Warner Bridge. I was wading and just threw one lure the entire time, a shad colored rattle trap with a red lip. The water was pretty low, as everyone knows, with decent clarity in most places and only a moderate amount of moss floating. I had what I felt was pretty good action, with five confirmed strikes, four of which I landed and released. One of the four (smallmouths) I measured against my rod and determined later that it was 18" long. I estimate it weighed at least three pounds, maybe a bit more. I saw one other fisherman as he was leaving at the state park and he said he'd caught two smallies, one of them 13-14". Hope this information is helpful to someone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.