Fishing during waterfowl season - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

Complete sponsor list

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2012, 11:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Fishing during waterfowl season

So I have goose hunted before, in the cornfields, never on water. Consists of getting up early in the morning, serting up more decoys than I can ever imagine in complete darkness, and laying in a laydown blind before the sun gets up and trying to lure geese to land in our field. If we can't get them to land in an hour or so, we pack it up and call it a day. When we do get them to come in, we limit out pretty quickly and done shorter than we took to set everything up.

Do you water guys stay on the water for a long time to slay them ducks or do you guys realize its not gonna happen and call it a day.

I want to be courteous to you guys, but my fishing days are limited due to two young kids and a wife who doesnt cut me a lot slack.

I plan on hitting the Kank Sunday when we are down this weekend, and the only time I am allowed to go fishing is before everyone gets up and she will probably make me get back way too early.

I plan on hitting a few spots that have been good to me the past couple of outings, but I do know there is a duck blind in the area. What is the correct ettiquite here? I'd hate to piss some guys holding shotguns just to get on some fish. Let's say I hit the water right at sunrise, should I try to hit some other water away from the blinds and move in later? What time would it be "ok" to walk "near" the blinds to hit my holes?
pchung3009 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2012, 05:04 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Fishing during waterfowl season

best advice I could give, if you see decoys stay away. This is opening weekend and everyone will be out.
Water hunters probably stay a little longer hoping the birds will come back to water after feeding. With the almost full moon it will most likely be a late fly out time and a later return time.
Fox_hunter42 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in