3K DAM - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

Complete sponsor list

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 3K DAM

Feb. and March used to be a great time to fish for walleyes when you could fish both sides of the dam in downtown Kankakee. They "fixed" the north side so no one can fish it anymore, and the south side is the winter vacation home for every "crackhead" and "scumbag" in town.
gusty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2013, 05:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: 3K DAM

& most every pond near me now has No Tresspassing signs. It's getting tougher...
Old 03-11-2013, 11:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

you can still fish the north side, you just can't park right there any more. i've never been bothered on the south side or any where else on the river around there.
Creekyknees is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2013, 01:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm with Creekyknees on this. I have been fishing down by the dam for years now. I fish there thru the night sometimes even on a weekend and have never been bothered by anyone. I park by the 4th st. hole not down by the bar, so maybe that makes a difference. But I fish all the way to the dam every time I'm there and never had any problems. Going to St. Joe for the weekend but I will be out by the dam most of next week. I'll post if anything caught and also if any scary people are hanging around!! As for the ponds in KKK they are mostly owned by farmers and I can't blame them for not letting people on the land to fish. All it takes is a few people to start keeping all the fish they catch and leaving all their trash to wipe out a good fishin hole. I fish a few farmers pond in KKK, All it takes is a walk up to the door and ask permission. Tell them you will C.P. R. and pick up trash. It works for me!!! Good Luck!!!
stinkyfingers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2013, 08:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

I just went by south side on my way home from work, no guys fishing but guys hanging out drinking out of brown paper bags. If your wading there obviously won't be a problem , because they don't like water. I thought I saw other posts about that problem and started to flip through the back pages and found one on page 10, dated August 16, 08 , you guys that have not had a problem I think you have been lucky or your wading. A few years ago I saw a guy taking a bath under the bridge about 10am, I told my 10 yr.old son to go back up the stairs and we went to Wilmington. When Lanny went out of business, wasn't that a re-hab center for a few years ? This is no big deal but why ask for trouble, when there are other places to go ?
gusty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2013, 10:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

I've one pond they want to lighten the load of the fish in it. And want me to remove as many 1 to 2 lb bass I catch and I don't eat bass and unfortunately its to far out of the to try and transport the great looking fish, as they will die before we get there. I do take out crappie and gills when I get em. Would love to get to kankakee for some walleye too!
Dadnlad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2013, 05:24 AM   #7 (permalink)

The Kankakee dam area down to Soldiers Creek has been very good this week with pike and walleye being caught on jigs and stickbaits.
Stonecat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2013, 04:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

Does anyone have any info on the walleye report, new to the area but I here it holds good fish?
Outdoormans84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in