Rock Creek 5/18/13 report - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

Complete sponsor list

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2013, 12:22 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to DaBidness
Default Rock Creek 5/18/13 report

after receiving a favorable report of wadeable water temps and good smallie action from fellow CLFer hoisanjai, I decided to take my older brother out for some wet wading in the late morning. We arrive just before noon and take our first few casts as we gear up for the trek upstream. Just as we are gearing up, descending down the path to the creek is none other than hoisanjai (Arvin) & his friend evintos (Edwin). It appears smallies are on everyone's wavelength this day I notice right away several large smallies cruising, some gar, as well as a few large carp. I caught 13 fish, the majority Rock Bass with 3 smallies. My brother had the bigger smallie of us two (he landed about 6 fish total). All caught on Mepps spinners or cranks. hoisanjai caught the fish of the day with this beauty of a 3lb smallie (pic link attached). Hot bait of the day was the Senko as implemented by hoisanjai. He consistently hooked up into nice fish. We waded up to the falls, with my brother and I went a bit further upstream from above the falls. I landed one decent smallie above the falls. As we were heading back my brother tied into a nice smallie. Now back below the falls we rejoin the guys, and i notice Arvin has yet another big smallie on the line. This one is hooked deep. After some medical field precision with the needle nose pliars, the smallie is freed and swims off without incident. It was a great day for some hiking/wading, with great scenery. I took some awesome pictures. If you're up for some wading, i would recommend it. Take your time and be careful not to twist an ankle though. There are areas of flat bedrock with incremental steps, where the footing is great. There are other areas with boulders, holes where the water is varying in depths, and footing that's not level but angled. I think each of us fell in the drink at least once LOL. Overall, great day.. Edwin and Arvin, pleasure fishing with you gentleman. I witnessed the ways of the Senko, and I am now a firm believer.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 8454_n.jpg
DaBidness is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2013, 12:16 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to hoisanjai Send a message via MSN to hoisanjai
Default Re: Rock Creek 5/18/13 report

hoisanjai is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2013, 12:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to hoisanjai Send a message via MSN to hoisanjai

Thanks Ben for the nice report, I got other photos but this one is the best. LMAO
hoisanjai is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 06:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

No problem sir
I'll be adding additional pics
Old 05-23-2013, 10:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
ODA

Nice report, and Great fish. I have been fishing down river from The Rock. Gonna head there this weekend.
ODA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2013, 04:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

drop us word on how you do. I'll be looking to get out a few times during this holiday wknd

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in