Kankakee S.P. 7/19 - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2013, 03:15 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Kankakee S.P. 7/19

Hit the state park on the hottest day of the year so far. The river is in great shape. Clarity and level was perfect. Fish were spread out all over the place. Most of the typical spots held fish except for slow moving deep water. I don't know the water temp but it was warm. I started out with green pumpkin 4" finesse worm on an 1/8 oz. shaky head and stayed with it the entire day. Probably picked up about 15-20 fish for the day. I was the only one on the river and even being hot it was a beautiful day. The fish of the day was the only one I sight cast to. At the head of a small grass Island I spotted a fish holding into the current in about 1 1/2' of water threw the shaky about 3' out in front of it. As soon as it hit the water the fish made its move toward it then missed it and turned to come back after and made the grab. It ended up about a 2 1/2 lb'er. By the way if I can I'll throw in a review of some new equipment I had out. First was a Lamiglas Infinity 703 spinning rod. Absolutely awesome. I have a bsr852 glx and I have to say the Lami is right there. It may be just a touch softer tip. Sensitivity the same if not better than the GLX. Second was the Strike King finesse worms made from elaztech. The durability is fantastic. 4-6 fish per worm is easy and probably even more. The only difficulty was trying to bury the hook point in the worm. It is so rubbery or springy that the point of the hook sometimes will not hold in and stay weedless. Lastly were the Owner finesse shaky head jigs. I've never used them before and came across a you tube vid were a guy swore by them. I have to say for river fishing they were excellent. As weedless as could be and with the right weight did not hang up much at all even bottom bouncing through the rocky bottom.
moosh08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2013, 10:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
GEO
Banned

Sight Fishings always a hoot.

Same as sight reportin, we need pictures!!

Sounds like a great time out, any time sight fishing a brute like that is.

Happy Fishing

Geo

<((><
GEO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in