Frustration-Redemption - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

Complete sponsor list

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2013, 07:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Frustration-Redemption

Got up (5:00 AM) for the early bite at the I55 bridge. Didn't get the cloud cover and storms like the weatherman predicted. Bite was slow, with a 14" largemouth (caught on 4" Paddle Shad) in pic, by far the best fish. Got tired of floundering around (my balance aint what it used to be) and called it quits. Then remembered I had a $75 gift card from work burning a hole in my pocket. Proceeded to Angelo's, were I picked up a Pflueger President spinning reel. Went home put some line on it. In the afternoon the rain clouds started rolling in and the next thing you knew I was throwing my wading shoes in the trunk. Went over to the North Island Park in Wilmington. Of course the clouds rolled right over and the sun came out again. Again-very slow. Were's the redemption you ask? The redemption came in the form of a long 16"?, skinny smallie 2 lb?, in pic. She was right were she was supposed to be in a current seem in about 4' of water. Caught on a green pumpkin-copper tube rigged Texas with a 1/16 oz weight. A smallie like that can save the day for me anytime. And the fact that she was the first nice fish on my new Pflueger sweetened the pot.

slimshady is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2013, 08:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

Old 08-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

Nice report !
I've heard good things about the Pflueger President reel {especially at it's price point}.
How do you like it's overall performance now that you've tried it out ?

Lo the angler. He riseth in the early morning and upsetteth the whole household. Mighty are his preparations. He goeth forth with great hope in his heart and when the day is far spent, he returneth, smelling of strong drink, and the truth is not in him.

Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 09:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie View Post
Nice report !
I've heard good things about the Pflueger President reel {especially at it's price point}.
How do you like it's overall performance now that you've tried it out ?

I' ve usedone for about 5 years now. Bought several others, ABU, Carbonlite, Jonnies, etc. and I keep going back to the President. For about 50 bucks its hard to beat. It was redesigned this year, anxious to pick one up.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:21 AM   #5 (permalink)

Fonzie;
So far so good. Some initial line balls but that was probably due to overspooling with stiff (10 lb Stren Big Game) mono. Also caught it winding on the housing a few times. Drag nice and smooth. Cast like a champ.
slimshady is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2013, 02:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to DaBidness

I have a few diff models of pflueger.. patriarch, president 40 & 30 and I say pound for pound and price poi t you cannot go wrong w pflueger presidents
DaBidness is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2013, 11:14 AM   #7 (permalink)

All i use.
Wetwader78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in