Kevin EYES??? - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2002, 12:28 AM   #1 (permalink)

Kevin you seem to know a bit about this river. I'm trying to learn more about it, For C.P.R. EYES Any info.? E-mail me if you prefer, THANKS.
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2002, 11:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

Lipripper,sorry didnt see this post right away.
Actually Paul T.is the walleye guy,as a matter of fact i think Paul has an all around better grasp on fishing than i do for all species(he always out fishes me1).What i am is a pshyco i thrive to go out when the elements are at their worst,i fish during floods,high winds andheavy rains when most others stay home. My ethics are also qite different than most,a lot of guys would fish a subtle presentation first and then work their way up to the heavy artillery.Me i throw the biggest first,and if that dosent work go with the dynamite!LOL I have a hard time making more than ten casts with something that isnt load and profound,im training myself with the soft plastics,its tough. Im a run and gun type of guy and i will hike into places most people wouldnt. Thats why i know so many spots on the Kish its because i almost always take the less beaten path or no path at all. I believe the best fishing is to be had by the most adventerous,if you were to go to the preserves every time out you probably wouldnt catch as much as you would canoe a stretch that hardly ever gets touched.The Kish has about 50 fishable miles of river but you only see people in the preserves.Why is that? I travel 2 times a year to upper wisconsin or Minnesota or Michigan,when i do go i look for places up there that nobody or hardly anybody goes to,and it seems to work for me.Lipripper just a thought i know this is your post and i took off on a rant. Sorry,but good advice anyhow. I'll ask Paul to give you a post,i'll be fishing with him Saturday during the possible flash flood.Well be smallie stalking!!! Kevin
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2002, 12:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

Sure Kevin pass the walleye catching buck to me huh. I did catch about 60-70 walleyes this spring so I probably can give you a few decent tips. I really only target walleyes 2 times a year. Late winter/early spring and then again in the fall. I fish mainly below 3 major dams on the Rock river(Rockton, Fortom, and Oregon).I have however found some quality spots aways down from dams. I catch some off shore, wading , or out of my boat. I use jig and minnow about 90% of the time. The most important tip on jig fishing is to use just enough weight to keep contact with the bottom. I catch more quantity during the day but all of the 20"+ walleyes that I caught last year came at night. You will want to learn your spot well during the day before you give them a try at night. I hope this helps.
PaulT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in