not as good today as yesterday - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2003, 10:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default not as good today as yesterday

yesterday I went to kilbuck and my first cast a northern decent came up and just engulfed my lure I was using 4lb line so I didn't even get a chance to set the hook I just feel bad for the fish having that lure stuck in it's gullet. After that I headed up stream and caught many smallies only one decent one about 14 in and one black crappie. I caught the big one on a yo -zuri arms shad and the rest came off a 1/8 oz jig with a 2in charteuse mister twister tail. Today however in the river it was disappointing I started in belvedere park below dam caught one smallie 15 in that was it. Then I headed to baumann park and was killing the largemouth but they were so small I had to leave however compared to the majority I did catch 2 13 in and a black crappie but then I proceeded to the rock were it meets thee kish and when I first got there I saw a fallentree right next to shore so I pitched a spider grub in there and low and behold about a 3lb largemouth had my lure in it's mouth but I had just changed lures and I let my drag all the way loose and forgot to reset it and when I set the hook I just heard a loud whizzing sound and the bass was off. I fished up and down the shore many different lures and notta nothing there were people on the other side of the river who caught two walleyes whicih I was surprised I thought they'd still be spawning may be some are just starting while others could be finishing.Just like to share.
FISH ON
bigfish1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2003, 12:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

Sounds like you had a busy day, man. Might I ask what you used for bait/what lures at Bauman?
Old 04-26-2003, 12:36 AM   #3 (permalink)

I've e-mailed you the info you've requested pleasure to help you out.
bigfish1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in