slow day on the Kish/ I almost filled my waders twice - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2002, 08:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

<font color="#00FF00">Got off of work early and tried the river. Still real high and swift but with the incredible weather what the ****! Didnt catch a thing,tried 2 different preserves with not even a bump. Really depressing . I did cross the river to an island and almost filled my waders and went for a swim,it was so close i could feel water leaking in down my back. The current literally took me down stream with me having not much choice in the matter i just walked as fast as i could downstream and grabbed for the tallgrass when i hit the other side. Now the problem was i was stuck on this dam island and not to sure i wanted to take the same path back across. I tried in front of the island (to deep had to turn back,almost filled them again). Then i remembered a shallow sand bar from last summer that went just about all the way across.Now the question is was it still the same as i remembered it last year. The answer was yes but still 3 feet deep and real fast current,Visibility was about a foot but after i had picked up speed i couldnt turn back. I did make it but then i had to climb a dirt cut bank wall that was 15 feet high. Now i know why i cancelled the Alliance outing. No fish ,tried everything in the vest and then some,and almost went swimming with my cell phone.What a day!!!! Now for the surprise of the day and i cant believe im already reporting this THERE WERE INNERTUBERS OUT THERE!!!! I couldnt believe the stupidity some guy with his cooler and his wife laid out in her bikini next to him. The water cant be that warm! Total fish for 2 days 2 small largemouth,but i'll take it. And one **** of a sunburn may change my name to lobster man,im definetly going to peel !!! Kevin </font>
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2002, 10:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

haha....lol
Old 04-16-2002, 10:47 AM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to bigfish11

What do you use to catch bass in the Kish? I've never had great success but have caught a few smallies with crawlers, leeches, and rattle traps in the fall. I've tried jigs with grubs but maybe I'm not fishing at the right times or places.
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2002, 09:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

<font color="#FFFF00">To answer the question my favorites are Wardens rooter Tail inline spinner baits, Rapalas in black and silver,Smithwick Rattlin Rogues (floater), Storm chug Bugs, small crappie spinner baits from strike King, Squormer craw dads Black/ with green claws rig these texas style on weighted mister twister Keeper Hooks 2/0 size (great snagless system) Rebel Pop-r's, Yozuri Poppers,(expensive but effective) Have been trying the Storm soft plastic's craw dads and finesse worms but to soon to tell they just came out over the winter. There really isnt a rhym to the reason on what to throw and when for me i try it all if they hit on it stay with it. The biggest clue i can give you is learn to read the river it dictates where the bass will be. Rocky areas are # 1 for crawdas and anything for that matter, Pools and lift areas are #2, and riffle areas in the mid summer are # 3. This is just my opinion im no expert i just enjoy doing it. when you start catching 10 a day you start to feel real good about your fishing Good luck and let me know if i can answer any other questions. Kevin</font>

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in