LAKE ONALASKA,WI The Sunfish Capital of the World - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

Complete sponsor list

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2008, 10:00 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default LAKE ONALASKA,WI The Sunfish Capital of the World

We took our canoe out on the lake for some panfish. We anchored in about 5 feet of water. We fished a double rig with two 1/32 oz jigs tipped with glo ez small plastic tails. We lowered our lures straight down and fished near the bottom. Bluegills were hitting really good and we kept some big ones for the pan plus 4 nice crappies and 2 perch. Spring is the best time to fish the lake because the fish are getting ready to spawn and the weeds are not too thick. There are also a lot of pelican on the lake right now for the birdwatchers to enjoy.
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2008, 01:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

cptn sam, hey you talked about glo-ez lures...used to buy them off ebay but they dont sell there anymore...looking for an outlet to buy them, can you help, steve and samantha knapp used to make them but i cant find them either....awesome ice fishing lure...any help would be appreciated, thanks mike
coyotehunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2008, 09:48 AM   #3 (permalink)

Default lures

Your right, the glo ez lures are really great for ice fishing. I haven't used a wax worm in years and get bigger panfish on the glo ez. The lures are available in all the bait shops in the LaCrosse area. I tried to send you a pm but could not get it to work. If you want some of the lures, give me your email address and i'll get back to you with a contact for the lures.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply Captn Sam, please email me at [email protected], again thanks, look forward filling the tackle box back up, Mike
coyotehunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2011, 02:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

Default Re: LAKE ONALASKA,WI The Sunfish Capital of the Worl

If you want some of the lures, give me your email address and i'll get back to you with a contact for the lures. JellyFish Lures are now on ebay.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #6 (permalink)

Default Re: LAKE ONALASKA,WI The Sunfish Capital of the Worl

The ice on lake onalaska is still 15 inches thick and some folks are still driving trucks out to the runway lights. The bite has been a little slow but big perch are still being caught on tip downs with minnows. Tip up fisherman for bass and pike are doing ok as well.Water clarity is a big factor for the perch fishing with recent rains clouding up the water in some locations. The better bite is in clearer water.We should have decent ice for a couple more weeks just use caution near the shorelines. Good luck and be careful out there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in