Barth Pond (9/4/17) - 4 stars - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2017, 09:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
OZ
Administrator

Default Barth Pond (9/4/17) - 4 stars

Second round between me and a few (ex) Marquette Park fishing league buds.

First round (July 10th 9 - 1:30 for me, 2 PM for the other two) had one landing five, me four and the other landing three with the largest being around 23 to 24 inches. Gills though wee few and far between.

This time around we fished a bit longer from 11 AM to 4:30 PM . I ended up landing 7 carp (losing two), one bud caught five (again) and lost three and the other bud had the carp not linking him as he only caught one.

Unlike July, the gills were also cooperating, all be it they were on the small size. Kept me busy as I waited for carp bites. The carp were all on the smaller size with the largest being around 18'' and some as small as 10 to 10.5 inches. The cloud cover most likely helped and the carp were more cooperative early when there was a nice chop to the water.

Had a very tame duck bother me for over an hour. Kept looking at me for a handout (yes I made the mistake of tossing it a few kernels of corn). It was so tame it would eat out of your hand. I finally discouraged it by offering it a few dink gills. That turned him off for several hours while it swam off to pester someone else LOL

Not too many anglers out. There was an angler on the opposite shoreline that hooked into a few larger fish (carp or catfish) and did not have a net so was using a 5 gallon bucket to 'net' them. Never did see the fish, hence not knowing whether it was carp or a catfish.
OZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in