ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

Marquette Park - 08/02/03

842 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Bird's Nest 
#1 ·
Thank's to the Henry's goofs(see Sound - Off) - I fished Marquette Park from about 18:30 - 20:30 in the area that will be fished for the final Monday night contest. Gills seemed to be in close (within 20' of the shoreline) and after catching around a dozen I tried for fish much further out. As a throwback to the good old days (before the 2000 winter kill) I tried corn for carp, and maggots/red worms for bullheads. It was slowwwwww, with just two bullheads being caught(one on the carp rig), along with a golden roach and a crappie. I also caught a perch in close (early on when targeting gills). Even though it was slow, I did catch five species (bullhead, crappie, gill, perch & roach). Had a confirmation of a small carp being caught earlier in the week 8:) Another five years and it may be a good carp fishery again.

#2 ·
This happened to my son and I about 10 years ago at a local fishing derby. We wound up going to Timber Lake in the DuPage County Forest Preserves and on my "one last cast" hooked a 21"- 4.5lb largemouth. Like they say, "everything happens for a reason." :wink: I've been back there recently and haven't caught a thing.

Happy Fishing......... Bird's Nest

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.